Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What kind of washer and dryer do you have?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just got a new washer and dryer today and they will be delivered on Saturday!  So excited!  I am nervous about them since they are front loaders though.  Are they hard to take care of?  I have heard that if they are not properly dried out, they can stink.  Any experience with them?

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Whirlpool front load washer and dryer. I love them. But they do need regular cleaning. Also when you finish your last load of laundry a day, wipe the seals and leave the door open. It helps preven smells. And running white vinegar through it helps as well.

Schleetle
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Just leave the door open on the washer when you aren't using it, and you shouldn't have any stinky issues.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:53 PM

They are Kenmores. They are also front loaders. They are a easier to care for since you can actually get in and dry them. 

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM

LOL, I told the appliance guy that I was going to wipe them down and he laughed.  I just paid 2 grand for something to wash my clothes, it better last forever! LOL

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Whirlpool front load washer and dryer. I love them. But they do need regular cleaning. Also when you finish your last load of laundry a day, wipe the seals and leave the door open. It helps preven smells. And running white vinegar through it helps as well.

lovinglife0682
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM
We have Samsung front loaders in red. I love them. They don't stink but I do run a cleaning cycle once a month or so.
bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Maytag front loaders. Love 'em! I do leave the doors slightly open after use for the day to help the rubber door seal dry out.

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

LOL, I told the appliance guy that I was going to wipe them down and he laughed.  I just paid 2 grand for something to wash my clothes, it better last forever! LOL

Quoting KanPsMommy:

I've had mine for 4 years, and never had any issues aside from the baby's socks getting stuck in the crack of the seal lol. That's why I wipe the seals, I didn't at first and was like "Oh hey I need to clean those" and found socks that I swore the dryer had ate. lol

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM

front loaders

lovinglife0682
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Mobile Photo

Here is a picture just because I think they are pretty lol
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM

They sure are!  I wanted red, but my husband asked for white, so I gave in.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Mobile Photo

Here is a picture just because I think they are pretty lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN