Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i need a cat...for the sake of my sanity...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I am gonna get a cat I think. My kids scream, and cry, a good portion of the day. For no reason other than they are brats. My friend came over in January for the day and brought their cat. My kids sat, quietly, and stared at that cat all god damn day (he was on the other side of the baby gate so they couldn't get him) If that is what shuts my kids up, then so be it. Plus I love cats.

I never said my kids would hurt or torture a cat. We have had cats and ferrets in the past and their daycare has cats and our neighbor has cats, as well as their grandparents. Just because a child is young doesn't mean they hurt animals or other people. Get a life.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JazzyMommyx3
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Lol.. my kids love the cat plus the. get him food and water
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I feel guilty wanting one just to quiet the kids down though. I mean I love cats but I work 40 hours a week and the kids are in daycare. I think the cat would get lonely.

Quoting JazzyMommyx3:

Lol.. my kids love the cat plus the. get him food and water

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I love cats!

But don't you think the kids will get sick of the cat and torture it...? And why are they brats Lol?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Go for it just choose wisely, see if you can do a trial period. Some cats can be annoying and get into everything. I like cats but only the mellow ones. I have one that jumps all over my counters in my kitchen, try's to get into my cabinets, jumps up and gets into stuff in my room when I am trying to sleep, but don't have the heart to give him back. I just hope he chills out more when he gets older. Maybe you could find a mature cat at a shelter that's good with kids. Save a life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
she_walk_softly
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Get two kitties :)

sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

are you in Georgia?  I will gladly give you a cat or three :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Quoting Supervane:

I love cats!

But don't you think the kids will get sick of the cat and torture it...? And why are they brats Lol?

Please don't get a cat if you think they'll mistreat him!

Roomfor1more
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Hell get 2 or 3 lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

No. They love cats. There are cats at their daycare & they pet the neighbors cats. We had ferrets for quite a bit too. They never hurt the ferrets why would they hurt cats?

Quoting Supervane:

I love cats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN