Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

life with kids...where did it go??

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm just sitting here thinking about how fast the time goes now that I have kids....it took FOREVER to get to 18, and be out of school, well high school, but now it seems like days, months, years just pass by, and the recent past is such a distant memory.
Of course I'm 30 weeks pregnant and over emotional, but I look at my toddlers, and can barely remember them being babies...it's like the changed over night, and I completely missed it!
It just makes me sad to think of how fast it's going now and a bit scared that I won't remember all the fantastic and wonderful things going on each day, and not to mention the next stage for my kids, and myself, and us as a family.
Does anyone else ever feel this way? Is this normal to think about these things??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2lexinmark
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:21 AM
anyone? bump
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way sometimes. I tell myself I need to really enjoy my daughter's last baby months (she's 10 months old) because she's the last baby I plan on having. You are right, it seemed to take forever to get to high school graduation, but now I'm turning 30 this year and I think to myself...how did the last 10 years go by so dang fast?

lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I think we all feel that way sometimes. I can remember being pregnant with my first and everyone telling us, "don't blink, they will be grown before you know it!"
We like to reminisce with our kids and tell them stories about when they were babies and toddlers. It helps us remember those times and they love to hear all about the.cute and.funny things tbey did when they were younger.
SadeAyosmom
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:38 AM
1 mom liked this

i have these exact same thoughts!!!

my DD is 5!!

how did that happen! i remember being 3 and it taking forever to turn 5

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I have always enjoyed my son at every stage. I never think I can't wait till he is this or that. People warned they would grow up fast and he has. He is four and the time has flown by.
chunkyhoney78
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:40 AM
1 mom liked this

my 2 oldest boys are 15 n 16 yrs old I remember bits n pieces of them being babies, toddlers miss them as young sweethearts they would always pick me flowers or sing songs they learned in school now i'm lucky if I can even talk to them a few mins life now is all about their friends and my oldest has a gf and he is wrapped up in her his 17 bday is next month n to think he has 1 yr b4 he is an adult I'm scared that he isn't really for the world yet. My youngest is 2yrs old. I love my 3 boys.

mommy2lexinmark
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:10 AM

Mobile Photo

saw this on fb, how coincidental!
mommy2lexinmark
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM
bump
mrscass0416
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought about doing a video diary each day. Just to keep it for myself. I know it sounds crazy but I figure 2 minutes a day just to talk about how the day was, what happened and show the boys on there would be awesome to see a year from now. just a thought right now

starlight91
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

My oldest dd is 17, as they grow up you may not remember everyday things, but you will remember the special moments.. Those last a lifetime...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured