Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

updates...my sd is pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
She called husband and told him. She didnt tell me no call no text. Were not really close.. Shes already grown when i met her. Should i text or call to congratulate. She wasnt happy when i got pregnant with my dd and her and bm made it known in fb but i quickly react and told them how rude they were and its none of their business.After that they shut up.so as a disengaged sm should i even bother?

Update..
She replied and was nice on the text.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Btw shes 20. Living with her bf
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:08 AM
6 moms liked this

YES!  

This is the perfect time to mend fences.  Your husband is going to be a grandfather and he will want a relationship with that child.  So you do everything you can to mend that fence.  Even if she is a bit on the bitchy side you simply deal with it for the sake of your husband.  And if you have to say something like 'im sorry we had a rocky start' or 'im sorry for things in the past' you do it... even if you dont feel you were 100% wrong.  you do it for the man you love.

3boysmommaNY
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I would. I'd tell her congrats, and you are happy for them. Let her know you're there for her if she needs anything. Making nice will be better in the long run. 

sadiebug1228
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM
I would text and just say congrats on the new family. A text isn't that formal so I don't think it will hurt. At least she'll know u care instead of ignoring it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ayshren
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM

It wouldnt hurt to congratulate her but if you have a strained relationship it wouldnt hurt to not say anything either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I wouldn't. You can congratulate her in person the next time you see her. If she wanted to discuss it with you she would have called you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I text her.no my husband and i dont have a good relationship.we will probly end divorcing too

Quoting Anonymous:

YES!  

This is the perfect time to mend fences.  Your husband is going to be a grandfather and he will want a relationship with that child.  So you do everything you can to mend that fence.  Even if she is a bit on the bitchy side you simply deal with it for the sake of your husband.  And if you have to say something like 'im sorry we had a rocky start' or 'im sorry for things in the past' you do it... even if you dont feel you were 100% wrong.  you do it for the man you love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:19 AM
I just text.no biggie.

Quoting Ayshren:

It wouldnt hurt to congratulate her but if you have a strained relationship it wouldnt hurt to not say anything either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Yah..i did.figured id have too as shes my sd

Quoting sadiebug1228:

I would text and just say congrats on the new family. A text isn't that formal so I don't think it will hurt. At least she'll know u care instead of ignoring it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

sad in so many ways.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I text her.no my husband and i dont have a good relationship.we will probly end divorcing too

Quoting Anonymous:

YES!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN