Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I steal from walmart all the time!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you do this?

Options:

Yeah its been known to happen to me

not at all! i am much more careful!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 143

View Results

NOT on purpose! The title just gets me some much needed attention! *insert evil laugh*

but totally on accident, ill have toilet paper or a case of water under the cart. and with 3 kids under 5, and a cart full of groceries, i completely forget to look under the cart. but the carts are SEE THROUGH! i should see it!!!!! but i dont!! 

As soon as i realize my mistake i go back. but the manager is always cool about it and says it happens sometimes, and not to stress about it. they write it off as a loss and move on. the items are like 5-10 bucks. he said its not a big deal

but i still go back each and every time. 

Do you do this? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Happened to me at Target before. Weird though cause it was a pair of children's pants. I just totally missed it hiding by my sons leg in the cart. I took em back in but still, I always check the cart now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Kinda.
I got a table at Ross that was super super under-priced.
I took the table and the receipt back and tried to give them more money and they were just kinda like
"da fuq?" 

MandaMommyof2
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Walmart cashiers are supposed to look under the cart. Their job not yours

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Granted, but its my responsibility too. 

Quoting MandaMommyof2:

Walmart cashiers are supposed to look under the cart. Their job not yours

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM

eh. i steal from there all the time. tonight, i was bored and went there and got a couple things. didnt think i could pull it off b/c there was A LOT of workers and not many buyers. but it is what it is.

;-P

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM
After so many times it's no longer a mistake. You don't keep making this same mistake over and over and NOT be aware of it. You know what you are doing, plus stop taking all those kids to the store and you just might remember.
ncbirdie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:19 AM

It has happened to me too.  Really odd one, though, wasn't Wal-Mart.  It was Food Lion.  I went in, bought a good bit of stuff, but not "a lot".  Total came up to about half of what I was expecting.  I double checked the reciept when I got out to the car because I didn't think my math would have been *that* off.  Turns out, the cashier straight up bagged the produce and I didn't get charged for it.  I went back in because it was the right thing to do.

lendales_mommi
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Happens with cat litter LOL for me usually and NO i do not mean too LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:22 AM
GHETTO. I hope your ass gets caught. Wal-mart doesn't fuck around. They'll prosecute you on a 5 cent pack of gum.

Quoting Anonymous:

eh. i steal from there all the time. tonight, i was bored and went there and got a couple things. didnt think i could pull it off b/c there was A LOT of workers and not many buyers. but it is what it is.

;-P

ncbirdie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, because everybody is able to hire a sitter so Mommy can go to the store.  Not all schedules work for allowing Mom to grocery shop without children.  When I was babysitting, it wasn't uncommon to see me in the grocery store with my DS, my DD, my 2 nephews, and the two other kids I sat.

Quoting Anonymous:

After so many times it's no longer a mistake. You don't keep making this same mistake over and over and NOT be aware of it. You know what you are doing, plus stop taking all those kids to the store and you just might remember.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN