Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*mumble grumble* this might sound really b****y..

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:44 AM
  • 402 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm just so FRUSTRATED! My husband. My dear, darling husband. WHYYYY do you volunteer so freaking much??

I know some of you have seen me complain about this issue with him before and think its silly, but it's not silly to me. If he did it every once in a while I would be fine, if he just did stuff that will help him at work (helps get promotions in military), I would support that too. But it's EVERY flipping weekend! Every day off! Like seriously, DUDE, c'mon!

And I do support him and I usually don't even let him know it bugs me but damn it, it does bug me! I know, at least he's not going out getting drunk every weekend or something but sometimes I wish he even WOULD do something like that every once in a while. He has no social life. No life outside of the military and volunteering. He doesn't even drink. If on the rare, off chance, he does go to a bar, it's only because he is being a designated driver.

I just spent a couple months apart from my dh (yes it was by my choice, but now that we are HERE he should take advantage of it). The FIRST weekend we got back was Easter weekend. He decides to go volunteer at some church that did an Easter egg hunt and dinner for underprivileged children. Like really?? It was our FIRST weekend back together. Just freaking stay home! Ok then the next weekend he goes and does honor guard at a military funeral for someone he didn't even know. That one, I didn't even complain about because I know what a difference that can make in his career and being on the honor guard is a big accomplishment and something he is very proud of.

Now this weekend he is going to some soup kitchen function for homeless vets. I'm just so beyond irritated. I have talked to him before. Asked him if he can please spend more time with me and the kids. And last weekend was good. He did take me shopping and took me and the kids to see a movie on the day he didn't volunteer but now this weekend he's right back at it.

He irritated me the way he went about it too. Like, he knew I didnt want him too but he just kept bringing it up like "man I really wish I could be there" and blah blah blah so I was just like omg just go! I hate that passive aggressive shit.

So now I'm just really frustrated because not only will he be gone all day Saturday but it ruins tomorrow too because we won't be able to do anything or stay up late because he has to wake up early the next morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Raindrops keep falling on my head

Quoting 504bbymami:

I'm just so FRUSTRATED! My husband. My dear, darling husband. WHYYYY do you volunteer so freaking much??

I know some of you have seen me complain about this issue with him before and think its silly, but it's not silly to me. If he did it every once in a while I would be fine, if he just did stuff that will help him at work (helps get promotions in military), I would support that too. But it's EVERY flipping weekend! Every day off! Like seriously, DUDE, c'mon!

And I do support him and I usually don't even let him know it bugs me but damn it, it does bug me! I know, at least he's not going out getting drunk every weekend or something but sometimes I wish he even WOULD do something like that every once in a while. He has no social life. No life outside of the military and volunteering. He doesn't even drink. If on the rare, off chance, he does go to a bar, it's only because he is being a designated driver.

I just spent a couple months apart from my dh (yes it was by my choice, but now that we are HERE he should take advantage of it). The FIRST weekend we got back was Easter weekend. He decides to go volunteer at some church that did an Easter egg hunt and dinner for underprivileged children. Like really?? It was our FIRST weekend back together. Just freaking stay home! Ok then the next weekend he goes and does honor guard at a military funeral for someone he didn't even know. That one, I didn't even complain about because I know what a difference that can make in his career and being on the honor guard is a big accomplishment and something he is very proud of.

Now this weekend he is going to some soup kitchen function for homeless vets. I'm just so beyond irritated. I have talked to him before. Asked him if he can please spend more time with me and the kids. And last weekend was good. He did take me shopping and took me and the kids to see a movie on the day he didn't volunteer but now this weekend he's right back at it.

He irritated me the way he went about it too. Like, he knew I didnt want him too but he just kept bringing it up like "man I really wish I could be there" and blah blah blah so I was just like omg just go! I hate that passive aggressive shit.

So now I'm just really frustrated because not only will he be gone all day Saturday but it ruins tomorrow too because we won't be able to do anything or stay up late because he has to wake up early the next morning.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM
12 moms liked this

I dont understand how you can live every day and be so miserable all the time

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM
First page
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM
35 moms liked this
Jenna, I don't have words for what I want to say. My husband is the Honor Guard commander at my local American Legion post and I can tell you that performing those final rights is a selfless act. Your husband it seems is doing what other people should- remembering those who served before him. Helping out at a homeless Vet soup kitchen? That's amazing. Do you know how few of those there are? Not many. I think you need to reevaluate your feelings on this one because I think you're being a spoiled little girl about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucydiamond
by LD on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM
First page.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:46 AM
13 moms liked this

btw he volunteers  because then he isnt home....

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Here we go!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:46 AM
5 moms liked this

It's obvious, he just doesn't wanna be around u.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Takes a seat.....
504bbymami
by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I'm not miserable all the time.. Not even most of the time.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I dont understand how you can live every day and be so miserable all the time

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)