Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hey! we're poor too!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
6 moms liked this
Seriously. We are and I kind of like it. We have a two bedroom mobile home and it's pretty nice. Ds(8) and dd(7) share a room, we have one car and Dh works while I get healthy (medical issues and I should be cleared soon. Wish me luck). Dh goes to school online and so do I which is why we're kinda struggling.

But I like it. It's basically teaching us and the kids how to survive on a budget, appreciate the little things and be thankful. We don't have cable so we always watch movies or shows together (DVD player) together in the living room. We don't go out unless it's super special so we have family game night every weekend. Not much food so i have to cook us meals and we always eat as a family at the table. No TV during dinner. When it's cold, we camp out in the living room with the space heater and tell ghost stories while making smores over candles lol idk... It's nice to be a family and not be interrupted by video games and TVs in the bedroom. We only have a computer for school which is in constant use by me or Dhso the kids only get to use it so they can be computer literate.

Life isn't bad lol
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:34 AM
buuuuump!
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad you're happy!  The kids will remember the time you spent with them!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM
That was a refreshing post. Good for you guys :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I'm glad you're happy!  The kids will remember the time you spent with them!

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Sounds lovely.
What you lack up in finance you make up for by living an incredibly happy life :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Way too much bitching tonight lol decided to come with positivity

Quoting Anonymous:

That was a refreshing post. Good for you guys :)
twistedpartdeux
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:39 AM

That's great! 

Ayshren
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Thats awesome:)

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Hey, I'm pretty much in the same boat! I'm finally getting healthy though. My kidney was shutting down from being poisoned (long story there) and it is finally healing after a year and a half. Yay! DH and I are both in school and we live off our loan overages and what DH pulls in from gigs (he's a musician). It's not much but we get by and we're pretty happy.

One suggestion for you for something to do as a family: Get some planter boxes, or even if you can do it on your lot, and plant some fruits and/or veggies. We did that with our DS and he gets so excited to water the plants and see them growing and then getting to make things with them. Even tried it with a veggie he typically hates (carrots) and he was so proud of them because HE grew them that he ate every bite on his plate that first night.

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Your home sounds cozy and loving. Kudos.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN