Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

well this is going to suck a bit... maybe maybe not.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
So we are have bought everything for ds's birthday party next week. Well it looks like only three kids at the most will be showing up including ds. I know he won’t care since he is only turning two but I am kinda bummed since pretty much all of our family has decided to be busy last minute on that day. Some of it irritates me since some of them I pushed back the date and time for and bought the expensive stuff for a soy cake since a few of them are allergic. "I just have to go shopping at this awesome sale sorry" I don't care at this moment I guess I can get something nice for the kids that are coming since I will be saving so much from those that are not coming. What would be really awesome party favors for three-four year olds?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
QuirkyMom26
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I really don't think you can go wrong with chalk & playdough. Maybe one of those beach kits that come with shovels & buckets and sand molds.  I'm still thinking so I might come back.

& that sucks about the people not coming at the last minute! Ugh, I hate that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Beach kits could be fun. I'm not happy about it but I can at least make the best of it.
Quoting QuirkyMom26:

I really don't think you can go wrong with chalk & playdough. Maybe one of those beach kits that come with shovels & buckets and sand molds.  I'm still thinking so I might come back.

& that sucks about the people not coming at the last minute! Ugh, I hate that.

horseap
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Go to the dollar tree and shop it up!  Coloring book crayons stickers playdoh they have TONS of stuff for little ones. At DSs party he had 2 boys show and his girl cousin.  For her and DD I got them bracelets boas cheap little tutus they had.  They LOVED it. For the boys they got cars the pills that dissolve and the sponge inside expands GI Joes and they all got these jelly things(like the pills) but they"grow"  The girls got princess ones and they boys got seashells (it was a pirate party so it was fitting)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:28 AM
That is so cool! Ds loves balloons so that is pretty much our theme. I just don't know how that would translate in the favors though...
Quoting horseap:

Go to the dollar tree and shop it up!  Coloring book crayons stickers playdoh they have TONS of stuff for little ones. At DSs party he had 2 boys show and his girl cousin.  For her and DD I got them bracelets boas cheap little tutus they had.  They LOVED it. For the boys they got cars the pills that dissolve and the sponge inside expands GI Joes and they all got these jelly things(like the pills) but they"grow"  The girls got princess ones and they boys got seashells (it was a pirate party so it was fitting)

horseap
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:34 AM

DOLLAR TREE BABY!  We used to pay out the ass for balloon bouquets.  I had 2 made for 12 bucks! This is the best pic of them that I could find the snow outside was kind of blinding lol.  I work at a hotel so we got to use the great room free then we all went swiming.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is so cool! Ds loves balloons so that is pretty much our theme. I just don't know how that would translate in the favors though...
Quoting horseap:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
ckapps4911
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:41 AM

if the "theme" is baloons...u can get some bubble gum for a part of the favors...if possible u can watch the movie "UP" get each kid a baloon kit at the dollar store that comes with a pump to air them up. have a contest of who can draw the scariest, funniest/silly, sad faace on baloons, play soccer with a baloon, maybe find or make some bloon animals they can take home as part of the gift, also u can get stickers and have them decorate their own baloon that u can tye to the bag, sack, basket of goodies they get to take home.

just some idea. thought id try to help

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:42 AM
I think I found what I shall be doing later today!
Quoting horseap:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:43 AM
I love the balloon soccer idea along with decorating them.
Quoting ckapps4911:

if the "theme" is baloons...u can get some bubble gum for a part of the favors...if possible u can watch the movie "UP" get each kid a baloon kit at the dollar store that comes with a pump to air them up. have a contest of who can draw the scariest, funniest/silly, sad faace on baloons, play soccer with a baloon, maybe find or make some bloon animals they can take home as part of the gift, also u can get stickers and have them decorate their own baloon that u can tye to the bag, sack, basket of goodies they get to take home.

ckapps4911
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:32 PM

ur welcome...u can also show them if u rub the baloon it their hair it will stay there cuz the static electricty...im sure they would get a kick out of that!  also u can do an "easter egg hunt" type of thing and put prizes of small toys in a few and get them to try to pop the baloon to get the prize lol. im sure that would b fun for them and funny for u! just have a "station" they go to that they pop the baloons at so it makes easier clean up and u can have a tack (one of the big ones that has a very big plastic peice to push on and its brightly colored to easily found if dropped) or something else handy to help them pop it.

oh and for the baloon soccor idea u may want to think about putting a bit of sand in it so it doesnt go to high incase its windy.

oh and u can also do a pin the tail on the donkey type thing to where u have a baloon (drawn on a peice of paper and cut out not a real one) and they try to put it on a drawing of maybe a person blowing a bloon up and they try to get it on his mouth? just an idea

Quoting Anonymous:

I love the balloon soccer idea along with decorating them.
Quoting ckapps4911:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)