Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If people that were there for you fell off the deep end.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
There is a family that took care of me when I was young. The whole family has fallen off the deep end. They got into very heavy drugs. Would you still talk to them or would you walk away?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Bump need advice
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I would try to be there for them but at a safe distance since I chose to not involve myself with drugs or drug atmospheres
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM
I would walk away..Maybe try and get then to get help? I don't deal with things like that..
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:04 AM
I was helping the daughter find a job. Then found out her dad was doing heroin dragged his other daughter into it. I haven't talked to them in a year but feel really guilty after all they have done for me. I am in shock the dad never did drugs.

Quoting Supervane:

I would try to be there for them but at a safe distance since I chose to not involve myself with drugs or drug atmospheres

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:10 AM
There's not a whole lot you can do. I mean you can go to them and tell them you're worried about them and don't want to see them end up like this. Drugs mess with people so badly it's hard to get through to them. A few months back I found out df's step sister was smoking crack again. I was a little worried but she made it seem like it was just a once in a great while thing. Well, maybe 6 weeks later she stole a large sum of money from me. All I can imagine is she had to have been on crack that night and I can't believe I was so stupid as to trust her.
want10more
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:10 AM

if you're gettin your life together (or have gotten it together), tho u may love them to death, you can't love them to DEATH. you can't love them to PRISON. you're on here, which means you've gotta be a mom. that's your job first and foremost. you can write to them in prison if you wish. or you can say, omigosh thank you so very much, i appreciate all you've done for me, but now i just can't support your lifestyle. i love you always and will always wish you well. but for my own health and well being, i have to walk away. i hope some day you will get well again, cuz i love you so much. but you need to love ME enough to not involve me in choices that would cause serious harm to me and mine. there's no shame in that. love from a distance, and just be VERY supportive when and if they change their lives around.... it's not your job to be pulled down by others, no matter who they are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Nope. Have not talked to my aunt, or cousin in years. They are drug addicts. I can't stand them. I was the last person in my family to still talk to my aunt everyone else already dropped her for her bs, but I felt badly because she did have a really difficult life. She was great when I was a kid, and I miss her, but that person is gone. She turned on me over drugs just like she did everyone else who gave a crap. My cousin (her daughter) is also a drug addict because of my aunt, and my other cousin (her son) died at 18 because of her drug addiction. My sister had not seen my cousin in years, my cousin out of nowhere shows up at my sister's workplace screaming because my sister wouldn't give her money, almost got my sister fired just because she was trying to get drug money out of anyone. That's what they've turned into, and I have no place in my life for either of them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:16 AM
They have gone to jail for it. They are out I don't bring myself around them since this happened. I would never bring my child around them. It just sucks I was trying to help one of them then this happened and it scared the crap out of me.

Quoting want10more:

if you're gettin your life together (or have gotten it together), tho u may love them to death, you can't love them to DEATH. you can't love them to PRISON. you're on here, which means you've gotta be a mom. that's your job first and foremost. you can write to them in prison if you wish. or you can say, omigosh thank you so very much, i appreciate all you've done for me, but now i just can't support your lifestyle. i love you always and will always wish you well. but for my own health and well being, i have to walk away. i hope some day you will get well again, cuz i love you so much. but you need to love ME enough to not involve me in choices that would cause serious harm to me and mine. there's no shame in that. love from a distance, and just be VERY supportive when and if they change their lives around.... it's not your job to be pulled down by others, no matter who they are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Do you feel any guilt? I just feel so guilty after all they did. They aren't the same people anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. Have not talked to my aunt, or cousin in years. They are drug addicts. I can't stand them. I was the last person in my family to still talk to my aunt everyone else already dropped her for her bs, but I felt badly because she did have a really difficult life. She was great when I was a kid, and I miss her, but that person is gone. She turned on me over drugs just like she did everyone else who gave a crap. My cousin (her daughter) is also a drug addict because of my aunt, and my other cousin (her son) died at 18 because of her drug addiction. My sister had not seen my cousin in years, my cousin out of nowhere shows up at my sister's workplace screaming because my sister wouldn't give her money, almost got my sister fired just because she was trying to get drug money out of anyone. That's what they've turned into, and I have no place in my life for either of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured