Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If people that were there for you fell off the deep end.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There is a family that took care of me when I was young. The whole family has fallen off the deep end. They got into very heavy drugs. Would you still talk to them or would you walk away?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Replies (11-11):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:28 AM
I did for a while, but the people they were are not who they are now. I miss my cousin that passed away, and I miss my aunt and cousin that are here, but only as bodies not in mind. Once you grieve over the loss, and let go of thinking you turned your back on them you will be fine. As long as they are alive they have an opportunity to change, but that can only come from them no one else. I feel worse for my mother, she had four siblings. Her parents both passed away in their 70s, her brother passed in an accident young, and her three sisters are all drug addicts. She's the only one that has always done well, but she has none of the family she grew up with left.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you feel any guilt? I just feel so guilty after all they did. They aren't the same people anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. Have not talked to my aunt, or cousin in years. They are drug addicts. I can't stand them. I was the last person in my family to still talk to my aunt everyone else already dropped her for her bs, but I felt badly because she did have a really difficult life. She was great when I was a kid, and I miss her, but that person is gone. She turned on me over drugs just like she did everyone else who gave a crap. My cousin (her daughter) is also a drug addict because of my aunt, and my other cousin (her son) died at 18 because of her drug addiction. My sister had not seen my cousin in years, my cousin out of nowhere shows up at my sister's workplace screaming because my sister wouldn't give her money, almost got my sister fired just because she was trying to get drug money out of anyone. That's what they've turned into, and I have no place in my life for either of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)