Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No daddy's little girl here

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:12 AM
  • 15 Replies

that how my dh is feeling with our 2 week old dd. everytime he holds her she seems to cry and/or wake up but i can easily calm her down or put her to sleep..my dh says its the breast she notices he has none lol

by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
overweightmommy
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:13 AM

She will go through phases of preferring one of you over the other. DD did, most children do.

heavenlybliss19
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:04 AM
lol I remember when our dd went through that. one week she only wanted me, the next it had to be him, back and forth like this til she was about a year. After that, she became Daddy's little girl EXCEPT when she has an owie, that's Mommy's territory. The room could be filled with her grandparents, uncles, and Daddy (all of whom she will choose over me every other time), but if she gets one little owie, she'll run right past them and into Mommy's arms :)
MisterandMe
by Alyssa on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:07 AM
My daughter is a mommas girl. Has been since the day she was born. :) She goes through stages though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yo.momma.
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:07 AM

aww...thats too cute...i keep telling my dh its b.c  shes berastfed but he's stuck on its the fact he has no boobs

Quoting heavenlybliss19:

lol I remember when our dd went through that. one week she only wanted me, the next it had to be him, back and forth like this til she was about a year. After that, she became Daddy's little girl EXCEPT when she has an owie, that's Mommy's territory. The room could be filled with her grandparents, uncles, and Daddy (all of whom she will choose over me every other time), but if she gets one little owie, she'll run right past them and into Mommy's arms :)

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:08 AM

lol poor man.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:09 AM

Just give it time...it will happen. My girls were the same way, now they are all about their daddy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:11 AM

My husband has always been super good with babies and ki. One time, I baby sat DH's cousin's little girl. She was maybe 4 months old at the time. DH came home for lunch, and every time she saw him, or he talked, she SCREAMED bloody murder. He wound up eating lunch in the bedroom. She was like that with him until she was about 2. She still isn't warm or fuzzy with him, and she is 7. 

beeky
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:57 AM
1 mom liked this

He is probably not comfortable holding her yet.  Babies can sense that.

jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:05 AM
I've always been a daddy's girl, even at almost 41 lol
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:06 AM
I totally agree with this

Quoting beeky:

He is probably not comfortable holding her yet.  Babies can sense that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN