Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Something is seriously scaring me..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH and I rarely get date nights and when we do we like to try different restaurants out. There is one in town called Sinaloas and we went for a lunch date. The entire time I was telling my DH how I felt off, it was smothering in there, it was like death, that I went to the bathroom and felt as I was being watched in the mirror. We left. We went a few months after with a family member and our son, our son usually likes being out but he was crying, wanting to go home and get down, etc. I myself couldn't breathe, started having blurry vision and smelling something off. I told DHs grandmother I was feeling so smothered and she called a waitress assuming it was the food. Turns out that place was the counties first orphanage and they feel it never quite stopped being one. Kids died, were mistreated and the entire upstairs section sill held their toys, clothes, desks, everything. I left without my food. I've been told I was being sensitive to those kids. I'm terrified. Has anyone been through anything like that?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Bakersfield, Ca to be specific.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

Is it in CA? that place was also a morgue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:58 AM
I looked into it a bit. I feel horribly for the kids that were there. They were stripped of their name and given some generic identity. I can't imagine their pain.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

That's sad :( poor kids.

You're not alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Please tell me you're either mistaken for the city or joking. That takes things to an entire new level.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:00 AM
You aren't speaking crazy talk at all! I block out most of it, but hospitals, nursing homes (I've worked in them), old buildings, and sometimes places where the buildings are gone or a former battle ground. I feel them usually before I see them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it just buildings with such a rich history or is it in general? I feel like I'm speaking crazy talk. /:

Quoting mattiehatter:

I'm very sensitive to places like this. It's hard sometimes walking into buildings with so much history.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
want10more
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:01 AM

yes. email me if you want. ain't gonna say a damned thing here, cuz i'll get slammered for being postal crazy. but.... you're not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Thank God for your ability to block it out. I'm trying to learn if it was a fluke or if this something deeper about myself.

Quoting mattiehatter:

You aren't speaking crazy talk at all! I block out most of it, but hospitals, nursing homes (I've worked in them), old buildings, and sometimes places where the buildings are gone or a former battle ground. I feel them usually before I see them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it just buildings with such a rich history or is it in general? I feel like I'm speaking crazy talk. /:

Quoting mattiehatter:

I'm very sensitive to places like this. It's hard sometimes walking into buildings with so much history.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM

If you had this kind of sensitivity where you responded to negative history then you wouldn't be able to go anywhere.  Sadness, murder, autrocities, and heartbreak have occured on almost every space of ground that you walk on.  Logically, I would assume that you had a bad case of heartburn and that your child was fussy that day.  

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:05 AM
:( poor things...

Quoting Anonymous:

I looked into it a bit. I feel horribly for the kids that were there. They were stripped of their name and given some generic identity. I can't imagine their pain.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

That's sad :( poor kids.

You're not alone.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:05 AM

Nope! Bakersfield, CA!

Have not been but heard of it. I believe it was also a ballet school for a short time. Thats why it is still around. The food isn't great I was told but it is some kind of , dare i say, historical treasure. It followed the town molding into what it needed during that time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Please tell me you're either mistaken for the city or joking. That takes things to an entire new level.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:05 AM
I've tried to go that route trust me.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you had this kind of sensitivity where you responded to negative history then you wouldn't be able to go anywhere.  Sadness, murder, autrocities, and heartbreak have occured on almost every space of ground that you walk on.  Logically, I would assume that you had a bad case of heartburn and that your child was fussy that day.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)