Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Naming Babies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

How hard is it name ur baby? I see all these post about how women bring home babies from the hospital with no name. How is that even legal to leave the hospital with Baby Boy XXXXX. Most women find out the sex at 5mons that means you have 4months to pick a name. I had both my babies names picked out then day I found out what I was having.
If you can't even make a simple decision on a baby name how in the hell are you going to be ready for the big decisions down the road?

EditL I never said it was an easy decison, but i do feel that you have 9 months to start thinking of names & for the people who wait on the gender that is no excuse for not having a few names picked out once you do see there face. The moment you see 2 lines on that pee stick, picking out a few names for when you  meet your bundle of joy should be on the mommy-to-be checklist along with picking out the nursery. You don't wait till your baby is born & find out there personality before you decorate the nursery, you decorate their room based on the ideas that you want. So the same should go for their name.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Naming a baby is one of the biggest decisions you'll ever make.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:28 AM
It was pretty easy for me. I second guessed myself up until they were about a month old. Now I'm loving their names more than ever. They for perfectly. Well Savannah was the one that took me the longest to get comfortable with. It took me a while to connect with her too though.
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:30 AM
I wouldn't mind knowing your kids names. So i can bash your rash decision. I don't want to regret what name i chose for my child. I only have a few weeks left and still undecided. Not everyone just picks something. Some use a thorough thought process.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof4boys1girl
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:35 AM
I've never had that problem with the exception of my last child who surprised us and was a girl. She still had a name within the hour she was born though. Not the one I wanted, but a name to go home with anyway...
LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:38 AM
I just don't get asking others their opinions on names for your child. Names are very personal in meaning to each person. Only people who need to like it is the mother and father.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Eh I couldnt pick for my second so I gave the job to dh and he did the picking

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Mine were easy, they came to me before I even got pregnant! It's just a name.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I don't get it either really.  I didn't rush to pick out my kids' names, but they had a name before we left the hospital.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:56 AM

my son left  the hospital with no name..they just told us to call with it when we picked it out so his birth certificate could be made

STVUstudent
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:58 AM

LOL... my kids were adopted.  I had over a year with them in my home to pick a name... and we bounced several names around before we settled on my son's name.  We even tried a few out to see how they fit...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)