Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's always my f***ing fault

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:37 AM
  • 33 Replies
My XH is supposed to send child support on the 1st and 15th(or whenever he gets paid around those days). Court ordered, he would have to pay almost $1500/month. I thought that was excessive, so I asked for $900. I get $300, 2x a month; and he makes the van payment.

He got paid this morning; and sent me a text asking if he could just send me $200, so that he could buy tickets for our boys to come see him this summer. I told him no. S/O and I have to budget carefully to make it each month, and considering that it's rained all fucking week(so s/o only has 8 1/2 hours at work), that loss of $100 would hurt.

"Fine, just know that YOU are the reason the boys won't see me this summer"

No dude, your piss poor fucking planning is the problem. He already fucked me out of $300 in December and again in January. Sorry that I don't feel like helping you out. He makes about $6k/month. S/O and I combined(including CS)make under $2k. He pays no housing. He pays no utilities. We pay all of those. For a household of FIVE. But we are able to budget and live fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
He is lucky you cut him a break to begin with... You are nicer than I am.
mommy-becca
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Ditto!!   you were the nice one here..

btw- accept my friend invite babe or I will be forced to file for support from you!..lol  sorry  had to try to get a smile on your face

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

He is lucky you cut him a break to begin with... You are nicer than I am.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:44 AM

One thing, NEVER EVER count on CS. Never place that money into your household budget, rather it is court ordered or not.

He wants to see his kids. If it where me and things were good, I would tell him sure. He wants to see the kids and that is a good thing.

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I HATE the blame game.  If you screwed up, OWN it.  Your fault? What a dingleberry.  I hope he doesn't tell your children his lame excuse.

geez-I see why he is your ex.

Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
How do two people make so little?

I'd make him pay the $1500.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Stop cutting him breaks and get what is legally ordered. He's just trying to manipulate you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I'd tell him if he'd like to go back to court and get the amount reassessed to the $1500 than that's always an option. His piss poor planning isn't your fault. Lol.
ShannonRoe
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Have you thought about going through CS enforcement, he then would have a choice. They may even refigure it and he will have to pay the $1500. I get $200 for CS on 2, he wouldn't even pay that so I had to go through CS enforcement to get it.

You are a lot nicer then most mamma's, he needs to help support his children too
idunno1234
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Why aren't his wages being garnished?  There shouldn't be any reason to have to go through this.  I would never depend on my ex to send his payments. I don't know how they handle it in your state, but you need to fix this issue in order to avoid this constantly in the future.

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Sounds like my XH too. Whenever they screw up they expect you to fix it. If you don't, their screw up becomes your fault. I would take him to court and have a court ordered support amount entered. It's important that he won't be able to screw you over. Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN