Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where could I find this??

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 21 Replies

We have an Ikea Stuva system for DD and it has two shelves on the sides and one storage bench in the middle. It sort of looks like this picture below. So I want to turn the middle bench into a reading nook for her (shes LOVES to read!!) and I need a bench cushion like seen below. After searching online I cant seem to find anything like this one anywhere. All I can seem to find is outdoor patio bench cushions and the colors don't coordinate well with her pink room. 

Would anyone know where I could find something like this??? I wouldn't mind trying to make one but I'm not crafty and have no idea of how to go about it lol

BabyFetus Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Make one. It is just batting and fabric.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM

buy the outdoor one and make a slip cover

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Make one.  We have a really long window bench in our house and we made one.  It's really easy - just batting and material.

Pnukey
by Jenn on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Find material you like. Make a big rectangle. Put a rectangle of foam inside. Sew it shut. Ta-da!

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Buy a piece of wood and batting and then whatever material you like and make it. So much cheaper and you get the material and thickness you want.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Italiancouture7
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM

What is batting?? Sorry I really am not crafty lol

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Make one.  We have a really long window bench in our house and we made one.  It's really easy - just batting and material.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM

honestly if you can't make one yourself, ask around for someone who can make it for you.

Italiancouture7
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Quoting jessi2girls:

honestly if you can't make one yourself, ask around for someone who can make it for you.

Im sure I could try I just don't know what materials I need other than fabric... lol I would have to use fabric glue instead of sewing it because I cant sew to save my life.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Batting is material that is used a lot of times in filling things like quilts and stuff.  You can actually buy foam and just wrap it in batting and then a fabric of your choice to make your own bench.  It's easy.

Quoting Italiancouture7:

What is batting?? Sorry I really am not crafty lol

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)