Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

mommas who have been on the depo shot for a year+

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I was wondering if you are immediately protected when you get the second shot a day before it expires?? Also when did your period stop? I had a fair flow the first month very pink flow the second month and I didn't get one in March .... should I worry that it failed? *My Dr. Did tell me my period might stop by the 3rd or 4th month but I'm willing to hear other experiences on the shot
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I was on it for 5 years. My period disappeared after a couple montha of being on it, and then I would get it randomly once or twice a year. So long as you continue to get the shot on time, it will give you constant protection.

I was off depo for less than a month when I got my BFP though, so I concieved damn near immediately after it expired. Apparently that is not common though, as it usually takes 6 + months of being off it to get back your regular cycle. So just a warning, if it does expire and you arent ttc, use back up protection until you get it again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I was on it for 5 years. My period disappeared after a couple montha of being on it, and then I would get it randomly once or twice a year. So long as you continue to get the shot on time, it will give you constant protection.

I was off depo for less than a month when I got my BFP though, so I concieved damn near immediately after it expired. Apparently that is not common though, as it usually takes 6 + months of being off it to get back your regular cycle. So just a warning, if it does expire and you arent ttc, use back up protection until you get it again.

Yea we're trying to keep it safe as much as we can
my4littlegirls
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I didn't have a period since day 1 of having it. I was on it for 4 yrs. It took me bleeding for 6 months straight and then another year after to get pregnant again. I will never be on it again and I will not recommend it to my dd's.

barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I was on it for about a year. I would get my period as it was coming time to get the next shot. It made me blow up weight like no other.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I got so sick off of it. I would not recommend this to anyone. If you want to use it go for it. My period didn't stop, I became so moody I could have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I was constantly dizzy, nauseous, and I couldn't work or sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Wow im sorry that your experienced that :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I got so sick off of it. I would not recommend this to anyone. If you want to use it go for it. My period didn't stop, I became so moody I could have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I was constantly dizzy, nauseous, and I couldn't work or sleep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM
that is one thing that I do hate about the shot, I completely blew up and my weight is ridiculous right now! :( I'm hoping to get an IUD but the clinic that does put them on around here hasn't been open for a while now and I don't know if they are going to re open/:

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I was on it for about a year. I would get my period as it was coming time to get the next shot. It made me blow up weight like no other.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM
that's what I'm worried about trying to conceive later on and not being able to

Quoting my4littlegirls:

I didn't have a period since day 1 of having it. I was on it for 4 yrs. It took me bleeding for 6 months straight and then another year after to get pregnant again. I will never be on it again and I will not recommend it to my dd's.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 13, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I haven't had a period since my first shot in 2008.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN