Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To working moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this

Before I start, I want to say that this is to working moms who pawn their kids off on others, who have latch key kids or who feel that SAHMs have an obligation to pick up your slack and to moms who, dispute knowing their kid's school needs volunteers, refuse to do anything.This is me venting because I have several working moms like this in my life, one of whom is my SIL (DH's sister). For those working moms who still manage to parent their children and not rely on others, I tip my hat to you.

Stop acting like just because you work, it's my obligation to take care of your children. It's not, yes I am a SAHM but that's because me and DH decided that was best for our family, I don't do it so that I can pick up your slack, I do it to benefit my family but if I also have to raise your children, that takes time from my family.

If you leave your kids home alone after school, don't tell them to come to my house if the need anything, I am not a babysitter. Don't send your kids over to my house for dinner because you can't get home in time to make it for them.

If I, as the room mom in your child's class, call and ask if you can help with something or send something in, understand that I have already done 10 times more then you have done for the classroom. Yes, you work, I get that, but that doesn't benefit me so why do you expect me and other SAHMs to do everything for the classroom that your child is in. (A little background, my kids who are in school are in kindergarten and 3and grade, the kindergartner has 20 kids in her classroom and the 3ird grader has 21 and only one teacher in each class, no assistant so just to get through anything, the teacher needs parent volunteers and for parents to send in things). I get that you probably can't volunteer during the school day but you should be the FIRST one in line to help out for the school carnival that is on a Saturday. Your kid benefits from all the other parents helping out in the classroom, actually because you "don't have time" to read to your kid, your kid needs the classroom volunteers more then the other kids.

Above all, stop putting me down for being a SAHM while your are FAILING at the most important job you will ever have, being a mother. I also understand that not everyone has the luxury of being a SAHM but that doesn't give you the right to push your responsibilities onto me. If you are worried about leaving your kids home alone but feel they are too old for a babysitter and you have a neighbor who is a SAHM, ASK her if she would mind keeping an ear out for your kids, offer to pay her, chances are, just because you asked, she won't ask for anything but give her a gift card or something now and then to show your appreciating. Say thank you to your kids room moms instead of avoiding our calls.  And next time you see the SAHMs at school looking disheveled or in sweats while you are nicely dressed in your work clothes, know that for many of us, it is because instead of getting ourselves dressed nicely, we were cutting out crafts, stopping by the store for last minute supplies (probably something someone else was supposed to send in) and taking calls from moms who have cancelled, all to help out the classroom YOUR child is in.

Thanks for letting me vent, it has been one of those weeks for sure.

Also, stop sending your kids to school sick because you have to go to work, be a parent and stay home with your kid or find someone to do so. My children shouldn't have to sit next to your puking or sneezing sick kid just because you are lazy.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by Anne on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM
3 moms liked this
You know what grinds my gears, running out if coffee
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM

BUMP!

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

this isn't directed at working moms, this is at one particular person or set of people, in which case, take your issues up with them

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
This post is dumb.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:05 AM

No, this is directed at working moms who have acted as I have described, which in my kids school, are most of the working moms.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

this isn't directed at working moms, this is at one particular person or set of people, in which case, take your issues up with them

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM
7 moms liked this

Why do moms that volunteer at the schools complain about the ones that don't?  You aren't obligated to do it either.  It may be nice and helpful, but if you didn't want to you do not have to just because you are a SAHM. 

You do realize that working moms have their own stressors as well right?  They don't just show up "dressed nicely" because they got to sit around being pristine with no stress all day...lmao.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this

You're amazing...everyone should strive to be like you....

If you don't want to watch your neighbors kids just call them and tell them so....or don't answer the door. However not wanting to help out your own family is despicable. 

As far as school...no one has to do anything. You can call until you're blue in the face. if they don't want to help your whiny ass...they certainly don't have to. 

And finally....don't be such an ass, stop looking down on other moms who have other responsibilities than you. It doesn't make you better than them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Why are you a lazy ass working mom who pawns their kids off on others?

Quoting Anonymous:

This post is dumb.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM

then again, it is a particular set of people, so take it up with them

Quoting Anonymous:

No, this is directed at working moms who have acted as I have described, which in my kids school, are most of the working moms.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Kimbyann
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I accidentally bought two bags of beans :/

Quoting crescentstar2:

You know what grinds my gears, running out if coffee

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN