Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help! My 10 yr old has acne

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 18 Replies
My dd is 10 and her forehead is covered in blackheads and pimples. She is very careful about washing her face in the morning and night. She is wanting to try acne treatments but they are so harsh. I don't think it is bad enough for the dr yet but she is 10. She hasn't even started puberty. Does anyone have suggestions?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM

proactive works for some people otherwise talk to your dr

jillbailey26
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

This website has all natural ways to help skin.  The website I linked is how to wash your face with honey, but there's more links towards the bottom for blackheads and stuff like that.

And let me tell you, I am by no means a "crunchy" mom.  This just happened to work for me.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

emerald111
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Is she goiing through puberty? 

anitarichman
by Anita on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:21 PM

ProActive. It works better than any of the stuff the dermatologist gave my dd. 

Quoting Anonymous:

christina0607
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I love Aveno. You're going to pay a little for it...but it's awesome!

JLS2388
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I agree, I was like that, maybe not at 10 but at 12 and it really helped me. The key with proactive is you have to take breaks from it or it will stop working. Use proactive for a month, then something else for a week or so.

Quoting Anonymous:

sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM
There is a line of skin care items called Simple. They have no chemicals. They even have wipes you just take out and wipe across your face.....you don't even need water.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I think it's hormones. She may not be showing all the signs of puberty right now, but yeah, she's probably going through it. My DS started getting stinky BO at 9...doctor says it's because of his hormones. Kids are going through puberty earlier in this day and age, I guess. Take her for a check-up just to be sure.

knagsmom
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:28 PM

my younger brother had bad acne during the school year but as soon as he started going to the pool in the summer his face cleaned up. plus he was getting excerise

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Nooo, don't do this. OP, don't waste your money on proactiv.

Walmart's brand is the exact same thing, I matched the ingredients and you can even look it up online. It's the equate brand, it's like $11 at walmart. Also, Desitin works for me. Get the kind with 40% zinc oxide and put it on before bed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN