Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do Not Put your child in a child care center if-

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 572 Replies
96 moms liked this

You are going to complain about the smallest things-the kids shirt has a couple specks of paint or food on it.

The child has tiny bit of dirt on them (from playing outside).

The child has a runny nose that is not that runny and obviously you can see the child care worker is trying to change another child and so they are not neglecting wiping the childs nose all day-it just started running

These are a few complaints I hear.

I work in a child care center.

I do the best I can and always attending to the childs needs but they are in a child care center not a bubble and not one on one care.

If you want one on one care hire a private sitter

Vent over

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Yup.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Madismom29
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:06 AM
64 moms liked this

You are far braver than I am, I applaud you for what you do. I could never take care of other peoples kids all day long. Thank you for what you do!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:06 AM
3 moms liked this
Haha. You should see my kid at home. Lol. But seriously I don't complain over small stuff. My oldest was in daycare for a little while. I'm glad
None of them had to be since then. No offense but it's just not what I want.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM
79 moms liked this
Glad I don't have to use a center. You sound like such a warm fuzzy, nurturing, sympathetic caregiver. *rolls eyes*

Some people don't have an option except to use a childcare center. They're entrusting you with their most valuable possession. It's hard as a parent. Cut them some fucking slack.
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM
13 moms liked this

I agree with you. My youngest loves her daycare and yes some days she does come home with paint or food on her clothes. She is messy and I know that. I don't send her there wearing her best clothes because I know better. The providers at her DCP are really good and I am comfortable with her in their care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Ahh!! Thanks!! Really appreciate that!

Quoting Madismom29:

You are far braver than I am, I applaud you for what you do. I could never take care of other peoples kids all day long. Thank you for what you do!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome she loves it!

Quoting sam12796:

I agree with you. My youngest loves her daycare and yes some days she does come home with paint or food on her clothes. She is messy and I know that. I don't send her there wearing her best clothes because I know better. The providers at her DCP are really good and I am comfortable with her in their care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:09 AM
23 moms liked this

Thanks I am warm, fuzzy, nurturing and sympathetic

Really?? You have to swear?? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad I don't have to use a center. You sound like such a warm fuzzy, nurturing, sympathetic caregiver. *rolls eyes*

Some people don't have an option except to use a childcare center. They're entrusting you with their most valuable possession. It's hard as a parent. Cut them some fucking slack.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:10 AM
9 moms liked this
I could never put my kid in daycare. I'd probably be one of ''those'' moms lol. At least I can admit it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

It is all good if your kid is not in child care but if they are then parents have to understand the child is not going to be spotless-it is a place with other children

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha. You should see my kid at home. Lol. But seriously I don't complain over small stuff. My oldest was in daycare for a little while. I'm glad
None of them had to be since then. No offense but it's just not what I want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)