Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My so and are still trying to find a name for are little boy, he wants something unique and cool. All the names I've suggested have been turned down bc they all some how have something to do his ex's... So any suggestions?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (71-80):
Hippimama333
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Thank you!!!!

Quoting morriganna:

Damon
Eros
Evander
Hades - If dd#2 was a boy, she would have been Arawn - the Irish Hades. :)
Helios
Hercules
Hermes
Hyperion
Icarus
Linos or Linus
Lycus or Lykos
Midas
Morpheus
Odysseus
Orestes
Pan
Poseidon
Theseus
Zeus
Ulixes
Xanthias
Xanthos
Xenon
Calixte
Aesop

These are all of the pronouncable ones I could find, maybe he'll like one. :D  Aesop's not really mythological but I like it because of the fables and dh likes it because of Aesop Rock. lol

Quoting Hippimama333:

I really wanted a Greek name bc I'm obsessed with Greek mythology but he just couldn't find any he liked. Thank you for all these great options I live them!

Quoting morriganna:

-aiden names are really popular to hate on right now (though they are attractive) because of their incredible popularity.  I wouldn't use one unless you both REALLY love it.  Plus you said dh wants unusual and that's pretty trendy right now.
So I'll just kick off from Pax with some more x names so you have more options to choose from.

Hendrix
Lennox
Baxter
Fox
Maximillian (Max)
Felix
Maddox
Knox
Phoenix
Alexei
Braxton
Huxley
Maxton
Maxwell
Xander

I didn't go too far off of the beaten track with these, there are also many cool Greek names with X that would be a bit more unusual but not overly weird IMO.)

Good luck! :D

Quoting Hippimama333:

Dakota Jackson Hurley marley. They all have something to do with his ex's or their family. He's lks Kaiden and pax

Quoting morriganna:

Griffith, Gryphon, Sage, Marley, Cyprian, Dorian, Julian, Kingston, Kingsley

Has he given you a clue what he DOES like?  lol.  What were the ones he didn't like and why didn't he like them?

abigailsmommy11
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I love Ezra, but it doesn't go with our last name. So our first boy will be Emmett <3

Quoting Anonymous:

My son's name is Ezra. It's biblical, cool, and rare.

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I've always told Hubs that if by some bizarre twist of fate, my tubal stopped working; the resulting child would be named Wolfgang Saxon or Lotus Eve. I would not discipline it in any way and would spoil the shit out it, because that would be my 'just-for-fun' baby. 

Since the chances of me giving birth to this hypothetical baby are virtually nil and I am  joking about the way I'd raise a sudden surprise baby, you have no cause to worry, ladies. But I was serious about the names. I would want to give the baby a completely impractical name.

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM

My son is Kamien. Other names- Kade, Tate, Maddox, Jace, Paxton

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Brighton :-)???? Do you live in Brooklyn????

Quoting brightonsmom12:

Our ds' name is Brighton :)

pampire
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Lannister

Eddard

Tyrion

Tyrin

Eben

Raiden

Ayshren
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM

My sons name is Jayden. (Not unique anymore. It was when I had him almost 13 years ago.) I like the name Gage.

anon1986East
by Kali on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Well my sons are Nicolas, Damon and Shane - not very unique but I like them. Names I don't hear often are Rhys, my brother in law's name, and Silas, my brother's name.

Hippimama333
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
He has fallen in love with Huxley !!!! Thank you so much!

Quoting morriganna:

Damon
Eros
Evander
Hades - If dd#2 was a boy, she would have been Arawn - the Irish Hades. :)
Helios
Hercules
Hermes
Hyperion
Icarus
Linos or Linus
Lycus or Lykos
Midas
Morpheus
Odysseus
Orestes
Pan
Poseidon
Theseus
Zeus
Ulixes
Xanthias
Xanthos
Xenon
Calixte
Aesop

These are all of the pronouncable ones I could find, maybe he'll like one. :D  Aesop's not really mythological but I like it because of the fables and dh likes it because of Aesop Rock. lol

Quoting Hippimama333:

I really wanted a Greek name bc I'm obsessed with Greek mythology but he just couldn't find any he liked. Thank you for all these great options I live them!

Quoting morriganna:

-aiden names are really popular to hate on right now (though they are attractive) because of their incredible popularity.  I wouldn't use one unless you both REALLY love it.  Plus you said dh wants unusual and that's pretty trendy right now.
So I'll just kick off from Pax with some more x names so you have more options to choose from.

Hendrix
Lennox
Baxter
Fox
Maximillian (Max)
Felix
Maddox
Knox
Phoenix
Alexei
Braxton
Huxley
Maxton
Maxwell
Xander

I didn't go too far off of the beaten track with these, there are also many cool Greek names with X that would be a bit more unusual but not overly weird IMO.)

Good luck! :D

Quoting Hippimama333:

Dakota Jackson Hurley marley. They all have something to do with his ex's or their family. He's lks Kaiden and pax

Quoting morriganna:

Griffith, Gryphon, Sage, Marley, Cyprian, Dorian, Julian, Kingston, Kingsley

Has he given you a clue what he DOES like?  lol.  What were the ones he didn't like and why didn't he like them?

chotovec82
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I have a Mikai, Aiden and Rylan
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN