Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My brother is bringing the family down(walmart story) ETA Update in blue New update in pink.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 359 Replies
1 mom liked this

My brother is a great guy very successful. he just never found the one....until now.

He is freaking going to marry a Walmart cashier. WTF.  She is also 15 years younger than him divorced with a son.

He has dated plenty of wonderful women and he picked her ughhh.

Backstory......They dated years ago. He broke up with her because he said he just couldn't get over the age. She was 23 at the time he was 38. S he is now 30 and he is 45.I guess he said he never really got over her. He compared every woman he ever dated to her. 

She has only been divorced 8 months they have been together 6 months. He just told the family today that he isn't letting her get away this time.

She isnt going to fit in our family. I met her once and she seemed nice enough. She is probably some gold digger.

ETA:

I am just upset that my brother would marry like this. Nothing is set instone yet. From what I gather she is working on an agreement with her ex so she could move in with my brother. They live about an hour apart. My brother is helping her with the cost(AHHHHHHHHH)

My mom is over the moon excited about this. she is even redoing the room they are staying in. She is getting toys and books. Her son is the only boy 'grandchild'. my sister and I have all girls. My mom is even calling this child a grandson and her a DIL. 

My and I are the only ones upset of this.

My brother was engaged before to a nice woman only 2 years younger than him. She was a realtor. She would fit in better. 

Update:

They got to the family home around 4pm.  My mom made a seafood platter and of course she doesn't like seasfood. Of course my brother was the one that felt bad because when my mom asked him if there was anything she didn't like he forgot. She ended up eating some mac and cheese that was made for the kids....lol. Now my mom feels bad and is going to make her fav food tomorrow. Geez she should try to impress us not the other way around. When I left everyone was going to watch a kid friendly movie all because of her son. 

She seems ok a little shy at dinner. My dad and I are still not happy.

Update:

Well they left early this afternoon. She seems nice enough. Nothing special if you ask me. My mom is still over the moon excited. While she was giving her son a bath my mom asked my brother when he was going to propose. He told her he already has a ring just waiting for the perfect time......barf. He said again tha there is no way she is getting away this time. He just adores that little boy too.

My dad asked him again about a prenup and protecting his money and our money. He just laughed and said he would never treat her that way. UGHHH.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM
7 moms liked this
**blank stare**
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM
17 moms liked this

Why can't you just be happy for your brother?

He doesn't need your approval or anyone else for that matter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, it's his life, his money, and his choice. I'd just get over it. Nothing you can do.

mom2ljh
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:11 PM
15 moms liked this
You're a snob. Get over yourself and be happy for him.
KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM
5 moms liked this

Wow give her a shot. Geez maybe she won't fit in because she is a nice caring non judge mental person!!!

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, brother.

Would you like her better if she weren't gainfully employeed and collected PA?

audreesmama
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM
5 moms liked this
Creative troll is...a troll.
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM
6 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM

O.o

JanineDeer
by Janine on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN