Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this weird to you? *Baby Names*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 258 Replies
3 moms liked this

I'm 6 months pregnant with a boy and my favorite book series is The Mortal Instruments.

Seriously, Cassandra Clare is a Goddess to me.

My hubby loves the books too. (I made him read the first one and he read the rest on his own)

I really want to name our son Jace, but my sister says its "Weird to name your kid after a character in a book."

Regardless, I have backup names that I love as well, but I REALLY REALLY love the name Jace.

But, do you think its weird that I am naming my son after my favorite character in a book? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:53 PM
10 moms liked this

no, Jace is a fairly common name, tell your sister when she has her own baby she gets to name it what she wants

Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I named my DD after a rock band.
No, I don't think it's weird.
My XH wanted to name her Isabella. I think you can figure out what books that name is from...

LoveMyKBabies
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I say go for it.

My older boy is named after a movie character & an actor. My younger girl is named for a video game character & an actress. I think Jace is a cute name :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Nope.  A lot of Mothers are doing that now days.  When I was growing up, half of my friends were named after soap opera characters; so I see no difference in using a character out of a book.

CheeseLouise
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's weird, but it reminds me of Jenelle from teen mom, so I would never use it. I prefer Jason. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM
5 moms liked this
My 15 yo is named jace. I dont think people will necessarily know its based on a character....and even if they do, who cares? My oldest daughter id named for a character in my favorite book. Her name is ayla, from clan of the cave bear.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:56 PM

only if the character jace is not the type of person you would be proud to have as a son - ie if he was a villian or a sicko.

otherwise, it's quite common for people to find a name in a book or movie that they love. your sister sounds narrow minded or naive.

CLEKate
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Not any weirder than naming after a dead relative...

morriganna
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Hell no.  People have done it since books were invented and he'll have an unusual name that means something to you and dh.  I'd quit discussing names with her an pick what you like.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Jace is the love intrest of the heroin in the books.

He's brave, stubborn, strong, and extremely intelligent. 

Speaks like 7 languages fluently and is beyond gorgeous.

Anybody would want their son to be like Jace in my opinion. :)

Quoting teri4lance:

only if the character jace is not the type of person you would be proud to have as a son - ie if he was a villian or a sicko.

otherwise, it's quite common for people to find a name in a book or movie that they love. your sister sounds narrow minded or naive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)