Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your infertility is not my issue

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If a woman decides to have an abortion, people always like to throw out the argument that there are women who can't have kids, so other women shouldn't abort. They should adopt the kid out. Well, if the barren woman felt so strongly about adoption, she'd adopt a child that was already born. Why should I care if there are millions of women who can't have their own kids if I'm trying to figure out how I would care for another kid that I can't afford or knowing that the kid would be born into a bad situation. I wouldn't care. I'd do what was right for me, not Sally Carlisle from Charlotte, North Carolina who has been trying to conceive for the last 6 years. Her infertility is not my problem, neither is anybody else's. That argument is so lame. If that's how we're supposed to be, then we all should go without. If you have an iPhone, you shouldn't cause there's people using an Obama phone. You have a car? Give it away because somebody else is using the bus. Other people's problem are just that: other people's problems.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Replies (1071-1080):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM
This is so dang stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

wow and this is exactly why some people should't have children. If you don't want a child you do have some options other than murder. You can one, KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED. Two, use birth control and condoms, or three get a hysterectomy. I didn't realize it was that difficult to slip a condom on your partner. That seems much easier than killing a baby who didn't ask to be inside of you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You're an idiot if you don't know the difference between an embryo who can't survive outside of a woman's body and fully functional, living and breathing, viable 4 year old. And until it can live without MY body, a zygote, embryo might as well be an iPhone-especially if I don't want it. Why? Cause it's not a frigging person.

Quoting Anonymous:

So if I have a four year old daughter and suddenly realize that I can't afford to keep her then I suppose that it's my choice and right as her mother to decide to kill her. A person is a human being whether they are inside the womb or out of it

Very ignorant and selfish post. An iPhone and a car are material items. A baby from the time of conception is a human being and aborting/killing that child is murder. There is no comparison between material items and a baby. 

PrincessTam
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

You know what here is a great idea...KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED or USE BIRTH CONTROL instead of using abortion as your birth control....

Ireallydontcare
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Killing a baby is sick and most of the time selfish. However, I do agree with another person's fertility issues are not your fault or concern.
PrincessTam
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

The OP is obviously a cold hearted person who believes killing babies is ok...sorry anonymous

Quoting Anonymous:

You're an idiot if you don't know the difference between an embryo who can't survive outside of a woman's body and fully functional, living and breathing, viable 4 year old. And until it can live without MY body, a zygote, embryo might as well be an iPhone-especially if I don't want it. Why? Cause it's not a frigging person.

Quoting Anonymous:

So if I have a four year old daughter and suddenly realize that I can't afford to keep her then I suppose that it's my choice and right as her mother to decide to kill her. A person is a human being whether they are inside the womb or out of it

Very ignorant and selfish post. An iPhone and a car are material items. A baby from the time of conception is a human being and aborting/killing that child is murder. There is no comparison between material items and a baby. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Abortion is birth control and unless you're paying for it, keep YOUR mouth closed.

Quoting PrincessTam:

You know what here is a great idea...KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED or USE BIRTH CONTROL instead of using abortion as your birth control....

trippsgirl
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

ooooookay, so I can *maybe* see someone not wanting to carry a baby to term and then give it to the system with the hopes it would be adopted.  But your SIL was willing to take the baby and raise it as her own and you still murdered it?????  That just blows my mind.

Quoting jojo_star:

Not true at all. My sister in law, who is infertile, has often made rude comments about how we have too many children. She's just jealous, because she has none. The most ridiculous part though, is none of our children are ours together, dh and I both had a child before we married, and then we adopted our niece and nephew after their parents passed away. Of course, my sister in law is a bitter, rude woman who has never liked me, especially after I had an abortion, which she begged, then threatened me, to try and get me to carry it to term and let her adopt. Your comment is pretty ignorant. 

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

when your own relatives suggest that you have too many children it is because you're doing a lousy job with the ones you have

just sayin'...

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree! AGREE! More aggravating than that is when we added to our family and we got judged because a cousin or rather 3 are infertile. How the hell is that my problem?? We got the whole "well you already have 2, isn't it a little unfair for you to have another?" WHAT???? Yeah, I was a little pissed about that........

jojo_star
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all: Murder? What on earth are you talking about?  Secondly, I'm not a brood mare. I have no obligation to anyone, family or not, to provide the infertile with a child. Third, I would have still been pregnant, and having my sil or anyone in my family adopt it, would have done more harm than good to everyone, but especially my son, who was my main concern at the time. And last, I wouldn't allow my sil to adopt my dog, let alone a child. 

Quoting trippsgirl:

ooooookay, so I can *maybe* see someone not wanting to carry a baby to term and then give it to the system with the hopes it would be adopted.  But your SIL was willing to take the baby and raise it as her own and you still murdered it?????  That just blows my mind.

Quoting jojo_star:

Not true at all. My sister in law, who is infertile, has often made rude comments about how we have too many children. She's just jealous, because she has none. The most ridiculous part though, is none of our children are ours together, dh and I both had a child before we married, and then we adopted our niece and nephew after their parents passed away. Of course, my sister in law is a bitter, rude woman who has never liked me, especially after I had an abortion, which she begged, then threatened me, to try and get me to carry it to term and let her adopt. Your comment is pretty ignorant. 

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

when your own relatives suggest that you have too many children it is because you're doing a lousy job with the ones you have

just sayin'...

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree! AGREE! More aggravating than that is when we added to our family and we got judged because a cousin or rather 3 are infertile. How the hell is that my problem?? We got the whole "well you already have 2, isn't it a little unfair for you to have another?" WHAT???? Yeah, I was a little pissed about that........

EmilyAnn1012
by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM

No, all i am saying is if this really mattered so much to you maybe you shouldnt be so Cowardly and hide yourself.

oh and if you only read the last part of my "novel" then you really are as ignorant as i originally thought!

You are a coward and a bully, nothing more.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you know that I stayed anonymous? You read every post or just upset cause you won't know who to "follow" around and hate? Me thinks it's the latter, lol.

I only read the last part of your novel.

Quoting EmilyAnn1012:

This is such and ignorant post.

" if I'm trying to figure out how I would care for another kid that I
can't afford or knowing that the kid would be born into a bad situation.
I wouldn't care. I'd do what was right for me "

First let's start with this :

abortion should not be your defalut BC, maybe think of your actions (and consequences) before getting pregnant.I am all for the choice that is best for you but really you should think before you have sex. 

you have no right to judge others based on fertility or infertility.  what pisses me off is you have NO idea how lucky you are to be able to be in the position to choose...(infertile) people like me would die to be in your situation, with that being said no one truly knows your situation...so no one can make that choice for you. 

As for adoption, yes it is an option for people who have mass amounts of money, but for others its only a dream.   just like dreaming of having your own children. If you were told no you can't have kids wouldnt you give anything to try and prove it wrong before going to adoption?  i'm going to guess that you were never told you couldn't have your own, because if for just a moment you thought you couldn't....or just stepped into someones infertile shoes....your thought process my just change.  you have no idea the pain of not knowing if the one thing that should be in your control is not. 

Now to finish this:

EVERYONE is different, you have to choose what is best for YOU. It is not your role to judge others, just because your body works differently than theres. 

Oh and PS if you feel so strongly about this, why stay anonymous?

-Emily

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 21, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Upset cause you don't know who to follow? Cowardly? Bitch this is the Internet and its cafemom, if you have such an issue with the anonymous button, then get your stupid ass out of a group that has it.

People think they're so clever by trying to talk trash about a feature that they don't even hve to use. How stupid is that? Go do some ivf rounds or something. Nobody gives a shit about your gimp uterus.

Quoting EmilyAnn1012:

No, all i am saying is if this really mattered so much to you maybe you shouldnt be so Cowardly and hide yourself.

oh and if you only read the last part of my "novel" then you really are as ignorant as i originally thought!

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you know that I stayed anonymous? You read every post or just upset cause you won't know who to "follow" around and hate? Me thinks it's the latter, lol.

Quoting EmilyAnn1012:

abortion should not be your defalut BC, maybe think of your actions (and consequences) before getting pregnant.I am all for the choice that is best for you but really you should think before you have sex. 

you have no right to judge others based on fertility or infertility.  what pisses me off is you have NO idea how lucky you are to be able to be in the position to choose...(infertile) people like me would die to be in your situation, with that being said no one truly knows your situation...so no one can make that choice for you. 

As for adoption, yes it is an option for people who have mass amounts of money, but for others its only a dream.   just like dreaming of having your own children. If you were told no you can't have kids wouldnt you give anything to try and prove it wrong before going to adoption?  i'm going to guess that you were never told you couldn't have your own, because if for just a moment you thought you couldn't....or just stepped into someones infertile shoes....your thought process my just change.  you have no idea the pain of not knowing if the one thing that should be in your control is not. 

Now to finish this:

EVERYONE is different, you have to choose what is best for YOU. It is not your role to judge others, just because your body works differently than theres. 

-Emily

EmilyAnn1012
by on May. 21, 2013 at 3:46 PM

yes i said COWARDLY (i didnt mistype) and dont forget BULLY

You telling me to get IVF thats original, i have NEVER thought of that or any other fertility drugs. (sarcasm)

eye rolling

maybe you should close your legs...instead of using abortion as BC.

Quoting Anonymous:

Upset cause you don't know who to follow? Cowardly? Bitch this is the Internet and its cafemom, if you have such an issue with the anonymous button, then get your stupid ass out of a group that has it.

People think they're so clever by trying to talk trash about a feature that they don't even hve to use. How stupid is that? Go do some ivf rounds or something. Nobody gives a shit about your gimp uterus.

Quoting EmilyAnn1012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EmilyAnn1012:

Now to finish this:

-Emily

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN