Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your infertility is not my issue

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If a woman decides to have an abortion, people always like to throw out the argument that there are women who can't have kids, so other women shouldn't abort. They should adopt the kid out. Well, if the barren woman felt so strongly about adoption, she'd adopt a child that was already born. Why should I care if there are millions of women who can't have their own kids if I'm trying to figure out how I would care for another kid that I can't afford or knowing that the kid would be born into a bad situation. I wouldn't care. I'd do what was right for me, not Sally Carlisle from Charlotte, North Carolina who has been trying to conceive for the last 6 years. Her infertility is not my problem, neither is anybody else's. That argument is so lame. If that's how we're supposed to be, then we all should go without. If you have an iPhone, you shouldn't cause there's people using an Obama phone. You have a car? Give it away because somebody else is using the bus. Other people's problem are just that: other people's problems.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
6 moms liked this

I agree with you. no one expects the infertile lady to care that you (being the woman wanting an abortion) might not be able to afford the proper medical care, or the lost wages or even job from being pregnant, the effect it would have on any siblings old enough to understand, the emotional stuff, etc. all people comment on is woe on the infertile one and shame on the aborting one.

until people can accept and understand both sides the arguement is, imo, invalid. and just because suzie can't have kids doesn't mean she is going to adopt dorothy's kid either.

and I am prochoice :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I like her drawings, too.

Quoting baquick:

I knew I e-loved you for a reason besides your drawings :-)

Quoting randi1978:

I actually agree with this.

I'm pro choice and what another woman chooses to do is not my business.  I can only hope it is an informed decision free of force or coersion.  I hate the "childless couple" argument because their desire for a wet from the womb newborn does not trump a woman's right over her body or her desire to NOT be pregnant anymore.  Their desires are not her concern, period.  The only thing that should matter is herself, her children (if she has other children), her partner and whatever family she also has involved.

No woman obligated to gestate for someone else.

FL2AK
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM
3 moms liked this

I used to be a barren woman. I also felt that way once upon a time. Its hard to separate the two issues to a woman who would literally die to have a child. It isnt right to say that to a woman considering abortion. Im glad I didnt have access to the social media then, that we do now.

ive grown a lot since then and realize the very point you are making now.

gothmom79
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM
55 moms liked this
Abortion is murder. Idc what anyone says. I've witnessed an abortion at 33 wks and it was freakin' terrible. Oh what a beautiful choice. smh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissMissfit
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM
7 moms liked this

Adoption is extremely expensive. So unless those same people whom oppose abortion, also want to give another family $20,000 to adopt a child, they need to shut the fuck up. 

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM
11 moms liked this

Agreed!! Why do they need to adopt newborns there are tons of older kids that need homes as well if you can't get preggo don't make someone else go through a pregnancy just so you can have a newborn thats why I'm against giving babies up its like people are waiting to adopt babies but not older kids.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to agree.  Last time I checked, it was MY body, MY decision.  Just like what I drive, what I wear, what I eat, and the house we live in.   We live in a Republic, not a Communist country.  There will always be the haves and the have-nots.  I reserve the right to decide whether or not I want to carry a pregnancy to term.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM

You know because everyone and the damn Obama phone thing. I completely forgot what it is really called LOL.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol that's the only thing I've heard it called. Even saw a commercial where people were talking about it. What was it originally called? Maybe I should edit it for seniors getting the jitterbug phone, LMFAO.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Agreed.

But why do people call it a damn Obama phone that program has been around way longer than Obama! It drives me nuts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM
3 moms liked this
So?

Quoting gothmom79:

Abortion is murder. Idc what anyone says. I've witnessed an abortion at 33 wks and it was freakin' terrible. Oh what a beautiful choice. smh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN