Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your infertility is not my issue

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If a woman decides to have an abortion, people always like to throw out the argument that there are women who can't have kids, so other women shouldn't abort. They should adopt the kid out. Well, if the barren woman felt so strongly about adoption, she'd adopt a child that was already born. Why should I care if there are millions of women who can't have their own kids if I'm trying to figure out how I would care for another kid that I can't afford or knowing that the kid would be born into a bad situation. I wouldn't care. I'd do what was right for me, not Sally Carlisle from Charlotte, North Carolina who has been trying to conceive for the last 6 years. Her infertility is not my problem, neither is anybody else's. That argument is so lame. If that's how we're supposed to be, then we all should go without. If you have an iPhone, you shouldn't cause there's people using an Obama phone. You have a car? Give it away because somebody else is using the bus. Other people's problem are just that: other people's problems.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Replies (1131-1138):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM
What are you talking about? There was another post done like this? It damn sure wasn't me, I have other more important things to do. Been at air assault school since 5:45 this morning so I surely didn't zombie up or copy my own post.

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Almost the same wording too hmm

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly it didn't need to be done again especially this soon

Quoting crumpy_gat:

I knew this had been done recently

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump
crumpy_gat
by No. on Jun. 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Yep, called "Your infertility is not my problem." I think someone copied you.

Quoting Anonymous:

What are you talking about? There was another post done like this? It damn sure wasn't me, I have other more important things to do. Been at air assault school since 5:45 this morning so I surely didn't zombie up or copy my own post.

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump
gabby416
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I've commented on this before, I fully agree.  I put a child up for a doption, 6 years later I have made my peace with it, but it is also one of my biggest regrets, that is a very hard thing for a women to go through, people don't always chose to abort, or adopt because they don't want the child, sometimes it's because they can't have the child.  I was safe, I used condoms, I was on birth control, and guess what, life happens. I also don't understand where anyone gets off judging a women for her choice, when you don't know the reasons behind, or maybe haven't been in those shoes yourself.  I had an abortion, I was in an abusive realtionship and KNEW it would be a bad thing to bring that child into the world, or, what if he beat me while I was pregnant, then what?  Oh and just leave, I wanted to, it wasn't that easy or that simple. The point here is, people make what ever choices they have to make for themselves based on their lives.  Other people should mind their business. You certainly don't have to agree with another persons choice, but the least you can do is respect them and their choice.

Pastalove
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Just saw your reply.e

Someone had to have copied me cause I didn't make a second post about that. That woud pretty lame, lol.

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Yep, called "Your infertility is not my problem." I think someone copied you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Quoting jina4luv:

how are you, i m glad to write you this simple sentence,please i want us to be friends,hope you don't mind? some thing about me is cooking,reading and camping,please can you tell me some thing you do? please do write me in my email address (jina.mongan@yahoo.com) please waiting too read from you. thanks and god bless you, my regards to your family, hope to hear from you soon, miss JENA

wtf

mereyurk
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Meaning keeping your legs closed if you plan on Killing your baby. Even so, no one understands what infertility feels like until your in that situation. So, I'm entitled to my own opinion like everyone else. I don't want to hear anything from a fertile person because they won't understand. So don't comment on my post because you don't what it's like

Quoting BethanyJ:

What a horrible response to this.  I'm sorry that you are suffering from infertility but you made a lot of assumptions here.  First of all, you can't assume that women who get pregnant on accident are doing so because they don't use birth control properly or at all.  There are plenty of times that the pill just doesn't work; in fact, medically speaking, there is an accepted 2% failure rate even for perfect use.  This translates to thousands of unplanned pregnancies that are no one's fault.  Also, no one ever should expected to "keep their legs closed".  That's a very derogatory and sexist statement.  Men are 50% of this.  Not all men pull out, not all men willingly wear condoms, some men pressure women into sex, and rape happens not only aggressively but passively as well.  Abortions are not about murder (though I agree that they are murder) but more so the right of the women to control the happenings of her body.  I don't like abortion and think it should be illegal after 12 weeks except to save the life of the mother or if the child will have severe disabilities that are incompatible with life (or will result in very poor quality of life) but regardless, the government should never have any say about what happens inside a woman's body or the authority to make medical decisions for her to protect the life of a fetus.  The WOMAN comes first.  It sucks sometimes because not everyone will do the right thing -- but you know what? We don't have to answer to that -- the person making the choice will.  The risk of having the government in control of medical choices for women is far greater than keeping abortion legal and women's rights intact. 

Quoting Anonymous:Wow how low can someone be? I had problems having my son and yes it does get you mad when people have kill their children. But you know maybe this infertility is not your problem but its all keeping your legs closed or getting on some birth control. People like you are the ones who need to be cursed with infertility.

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Awesome. I guess if we go by your reasoning you won't be telling women to choose adoption. You haven't relinquished a child so have no clue what that is like.

Quoting mereyurk: Meaning keeping your legs closed if you plan on Killing your baby. Even so, no one understands what infertility feels like until your in that situation. So, I'm entitled to my own opinion like everyone else. I don't want to hear anything from a fertile person because they won't understand. So don't comment on my post because you don't what it's like

Quoting BethanyJ:

What a horrible response to this.  I'm sorry that you are suffering from infertility but you made a lot of assumptions here.  First of all, you can't assume that women who get pregnant on accident are doing so because they don't use birth control properly or at all.  There are plenty of times that the pill just doesn't work; in fact, medically speaking, there is an accepted 2% failure rate even for perfect use.  This translates to thousands of unplanned pregnancies that are no one's fault.  Also, no one ever should expected to "keep their legs closed".  That's a very derogatory and sexist statement.  Men are 50% of this.  Not all men pull out, not all men willingly wear condoms, some men pressure women into sex, and rape happens not only aggressively but passively as well.  Abortions are not about murder (though I agree that they are murder) but more so the right of the women to control the happenings of her body.  I don't like abortion and think it should be illegal after 12 weeks except to save the life of the mother or if the child will have severe disabilities that are incompatible with life (or will result in very poor quality of life) but regardless, the government should never have any say about what happens inside a woman's body or the authority to make medical decisions for her to protect the life of a fetus.  The WOMAN comes first.  It sucks sometimes because not everyone will do the right thing -- but you know what? We don't have to answer to that -- the person making the choice will.  The risk of having the government in control of medical choices for women is far greater than keeping abortion legal and women's rights intact. 

Quoting Anonymous:Wow how low can someone be? I had problems having my son and yes it does get you mad when people have kill their children. But you know maybe this infertility is not your problem but its all keeping your legs closed or getting on some birth control. People like you are the ones who need to be cursed with infertility.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)