Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your infertility is not my issue

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If a woman decides to have an abortion, people always like to throw out the argument that there are women who can't have kids, so other women shouldn't abort. They should adopt the kid out. Well, if the barren woman felt so strongly about adoption, she'd adopt a child that was already born. Why should I care if there are millions of women who can't have their own kids if I'm trying to figure out how I would care for another kid that I can't afford or knowing that the kid would be born into a bad situation. I wouldn't care. I'd do what was right for me, not Sally Carlisle from Charlotte, North Carolina who has been trying to conceive for the last 6 years. Her infertility is not my problem, neither is anybody else's. That argument is so lame. If that's how we're supposed to be, then we all should go without. If you have an iPhone, you shouldn't cause there's people using an Obama phone. You have a car? Give it away because somebody else is using the bus. Other people's problem are just that: other people's problems.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I agree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM

what IS an obama phone?  I see it all the time on the internet

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Agreed.

But why do people call it a damn Obama phone that program has been around way longer than Obama! It drives me nuts.

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this

You already know I agree but I wanted to bump it anyway.

Quoting randi1978:

I actually agree with this.

I'm pro choice and what another woman chooses to do is not my business.  I can only hope it is an informed decision free of force or coersion.  I hate the "childless couple" argument because their desire for a wet from the womb newborn does not trump a woman's right over her body or her desire to NOT be pregnant anymore.  Their desires are not her concern, period.  The only thing that should matter is herself, her children (if she has other children), her partner and whatever family she also has involved.

No woman obligated to gestate for someone else.

aritoyh
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I actually agree with this. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I was lucky because there was a woman who wanted desperately to adopt me at gate 15. I was almost getting ready to age out of foster care and she wanted to adopt me. It broke her heart when I said that I didn't want to move to Florida with her (her daughter was always mean to me and I never understood why). There are plenty of kids who need to be adopted, as someone else mentioned, you don't need a newborn or infant. My ex was adopted at 12.

Quoting deadlights86:

Agreed!! Why do they need to adopt newborns there are tons of older kids that need homes as well if you can't get preggo don't make someone else go through a pregnancy just so you can have a newborn thats why I'm against giving babies up its like people are waiting to adopt babies but not older kids.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM
51 moms liked this
I usually keep my mouth shut on this, but here goes: nobody owes anyone a baby, I agree it's a terrible argument. But I look at it from the child's point of view - if you would kill your baby instead of letting it have a home with loving parents, you're a monster. It's about the baby, not the infertile women.

I adopted two kids that someone else chose to not abort. We both did what we did for the kids, not ourselves. I also have a biological child and am pregnant, so I know what that's like too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Sorry, misunderstood you.

Quoting MissMissfit:

Adoption is extremely expensive. So unless those same people whom oppose abortion, also want to give another family $20,000 to adopt a child, they need to shut the fuck up. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM
15 moms liked this

I think many of us who are pro-choice would agree that there should be a limit to how far into a pregnancy abortion can be performed.  An abortion at 33 weeks is disgusting...it's typically called a partial-birth abortion.  A 33 week old fetus can survive outside of the womb with proper medical treatment if born at that point.  That's not even considered a micro-preemie.

Personally, I think the cut off for elective abortion should be 12 weeks, and 20 weeks in the event there is a fatal defect with the fetus that is not discovered until an amnio is done at 18 weeks.  

Quoting gothmom79:

Abortion is murder. Idc what anyone says. I've witnessed an abortion at 33 wks and it was freakin' terrible. Oh what a beautiful choice. smh.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM

It is a program that gives a cell phone with limited minutes (200) a month so that you have a phone sense many low income people don't have phones. Some states give you more especially if you are job hunting. It's really for emergencies but some have it 200 anytime minutes and unlimited emergency access. It started out for just senior citizens and then expanded to cover low income in general as long as certain criteria is met.

Quoting Anonymous:

what IS an obama phone?  I see it all the time on the internet

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Agreed.

But why do people call it a damn Obama phone that program has been around way longer than Obama! It drives me nuts.

Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM
36 moms liked this

Walk a mile in an infertile persons shoes. My husband and I have been ttc for over 7 years. I have had 2 misscarriages and FOUR failed adoptions. The last one was the worse. He was 6 when he came to us. We had him for 2 years. We loved him so much and wanted to adopt him. Now he is back with an abusive family. It hurts. We still keep trying, but we get no where. Then day after day I hear stories of abortions, kids being taken from parents, or see kids being mistreated and all the same here we are wanting more kids (we have one) and month after painful month they do not come.

Please, treat people struggling with infertility kindly-it is so hard to deal with!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN