Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You women will say I'm Being over sensitive,,,but I'm Hurt by sil announcing get pregnancy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I had a miscarriage a week ago,
Sil was over and she took me to the hospital and stayed there with me.

I was 19 seeks along. We had decided we would name her Elena Nicole..

Last night mil and fil were over along with sil and bil

We had invited DHs parents because we were planning to explain my miscarriage. Sil agreed to come as support.

DH had to explain because I had started crying already. Sil went with me to the kitchen.

Half hour later we sat down to eat, dd had helped make pizza.

And sil stands up and announces shes pregnant.

I know that your going to say that she had to announce it sooner or later and that it's not her fault... I get that.

She then said that if it was a boy they would name him Daniel Addison and that If it was a girl they would name her Elena Nicole.

I Got uP and left table.

I'm angry at her. She said she would be there to support me,,,how is that supportive?

She could've announced it another time. ANY OTHER TIME.

And The name....I know she has the right to name her baby whatever she wants...but that really hurts....

I spent an hour in the kitchen...I didn't want to to back to dinner..
DH got dd to bed.

Mother in law came and sat down in the kitchen with me...

After everyone left sil text me this:

What is wrong with you? You completely ruined it. This was suppose to be a happy announcement and you pissed all over it!

I didn't reply and haven't answered her calls.....
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Replies (111-120):
fey-enigma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I hardly think you're being "over sensitive." Your sister-in-law... I have no words. It was very poor of her to take the time of your need and turn a tragic event into her personal joy. Very wrong.

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to the body and soul.

teal_phoenix
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow! That was such a bitch move on her part...i wanna curse her out for you right now! That really pissed me off, ugh! :( i'm sorry

It pisses me off, too.

I have a sil that has made me so mad, but I am not even sure she would do this kind of thing...

heathercm26
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:08 AM
My mil had to be removed from labor and delivery for trying to get in on the action during the birth of my dd. Somehow she managed to be the victim in all of that.

Bil insisted we take ss5 on our honey moon. When I said not a chance, he explained to me what a horrible person I was this was at a christmas party.

Sfil tried to explain to dh what a bitch I was when I was pregnany for not staying at the bar with them. I went home and wemt to bed and their wasn't any fight or anything.

I believe it.

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

This has to be a troll post. I have a hard time believing that anyone could be that stupid.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rlmama00
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:10 AM

She's completely insensitive. Your wounds are still too open and deep for her to be like this. She has every right to be happy about her own pregnancy but the time, place and way in which she announced it was completely inappropriate. The name choice is just obnoxious. I am so sorry she is not understanding your pain right now.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:14 AM
I would have thrown her ass out of my house. By her hair.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Yeah, it's terrible. As stupid as people are, i don't think i know anyone that would be this harsh either. Especially in the family, whether thru marriage or blood

Quoting teal_phoenix:

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow! That was such a bitch move on her part...i wanna curse her out for you right now! That really pissed me off, ugh! :( i'm sorry

It pisses me off, too.

I have a sil that has made me so mad, but I am not even sure she would do this kind of thing...

Jcothrine
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:17 AM

that sucks.. i am sorry for your loss.. i have had three devestating miscarriages and while eventually time does help...it is a very painful process.. she could have waited to make the announcement..and i don't know what she was thinking with the name! omg!

i would be beyond pissed too

JC

teal_phoenix
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:18 AM
1 mom liked this

It was a low blow. My sil is bossy and likes to talk down to me even in our own place, however this isn't something I see her doing. Even those we can't stand we know they can't be this evil...

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, it's terrible. As stupid as people are, i don't think i know anyone that would be this harsh either. Especially in the family, whether thru marriage or blood

Quoting teal_phoenix:

Quoting Anonymous:

It pisses me off, too.

lilyismyheart
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:23 AM
Maybe she thought the name would be a tribute to your baby... But why not announce later and ask you about name first?
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this
What a bitch she was. If that was my sil she would be cut out of my life completely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)