Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what would your kids have done? ~mom fail on my part~

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this

so tomorrow i will be 2 wks pp, and of course i have had the run of the mill after pains/ contractions. nothing too harsh........until about 5am this morning.

i woke up in pain. tried to roll over, couldnt do it. my whole body was tense, i felt like i was freezing, and my uterus was contracting like a mofo.

dh has been sleeping on the couch so i can cosleep and bf baby, so i managed to get baby on the boob and waited for dh to wake up for work at 6.

he got up and i actually called his phone, because i was in too much pain to make more than a whimper, he came in and i asked for him to put some socks on me and get me some advil, which he did, then he took off for work.

i figured the advil would kick in and i would be able to get up with the boys at 8.

well at 730 i tried to get up for the day. made it to the kitchen and got really dizzy, my legs went weak and heavy, i barely make it back to bed and lay down, i pass out.

ds7 wakes me up about a half hour later, realizes mom is "sick" and tells me he will make his own lunch for school, get ds2 some choc milk and put cartoons on for him, i try getting out of bed  again, its not happening, i tell him he is a good kid, and i passed out again.

about 2 hours later, ds2 creeps into my room, "mommy ok?" he hands me baby's soother, because, of course, soothers fix everything.

at this point it is 10am, the pain has subsided, leaving a dull ache in my abdomen, and i slowly get out of bed.

i feel terrible that i was not up and ready for my kids this morning, but i am so proud of my sons! there wasnt a single mess made.

ds7 had indeed made his own lunch and got himself off to school after setting his little brother up with choc milk and treehouse cartoons.

typically, i am up way before the kids, they have never had to take care of themselves like this before, i know it was a mommyfail on my part, but i seriously couldnt move, this is how my body is for about a month after birth, about once a week i will be down for the count like this morning, so far dh has been home when it happens though.

iam really proud of how my sons handled it this morning.

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM
WOW I never had that, good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Yikes. You need to have a friend or family member at least come and check on you every day. That doesn't sound normal or safe
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM
5 moms liked this

You have raised some really great and very responsible children!

D.O.E.
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM

its a bitch. my stomach probably went down 2 sizes in a few hours. i am almost completely flat now, it happens like this after all my babies.

i was crying for my mommy this morning lol

Quoting lapcounter:

WOW I never had that, good luck.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM

i pack lunches the night before.   i think my son would have called dh - which would be the right thing if i was passing out with pain - i would go the doctor!  that would be seriously not normal and scary to me.  

D.O.E.
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:44 PM

its normal for *me*, but its def not fun, i guess i could have called old lady barb but i didnt even think of that. im ok now

Quoting Anonymous:

Yikes. You need to have a friend or family member at least come and check on you every day. That doesn't sound normal or safe

D.O.E.
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

my kids kinda rock :-) i must be doing something right lol

Quoting Anonymous:

You have raised some really great and very responsible children!

jbirchard
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Good kids for sure
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Leek0101
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like you have a good boy.  You should be proud of him and coming home after having a baby is no walk in the park.  Get well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)