Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I tried to stay out of drama with my neighbors, I really did.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Dh and I bought our house a year ago. It's kind of in the woods and we have some space between our neighbors. I like it because I'll stay out of your buisiness if you stay out of mine, but....

Dh left for work this afternoon and then ran back inside, on his phone and in a panic trying to signal me to go outside. I had no clue what was going on. So he hangs up and tells me that he caught to large dogs that live at the house across the street mauling a small dog , so he called 911. He said he could see the two dogs jumping up and down and play "tug-o-war" with something through the trees and could hear the little dog screaming. He said the guy who lives there was yelling at the dogs to stop, but they didn't. By the time I got outside I saw nothing... whatever happened was over. I was nervous about him calling 911 over dogs, but honestly I think he just panicked and didn't think to call animal control. 

So the police show at my door about 2 minutes later. They said they had gotten a report that a PERSON was being attacked. I thanked them for responding so quickly, but told them that no... my dh had called due to the situation with the neighbors dogs. So they took his report and then headed to the neighbors house, then animal control showed up too. Now, awhile back I heard a rumor that these people fight pitbulls, Something thats uncommon in a rural area like this. Even though any kind of animal abuse totally burns my ass I brushed it off because I had no idea if this rumor was true, and I'm not going to jump into my new neighbors buisness over some random thing that someone told me. But now, I'm wondering if it really is true... and I didn't tell the police when they were here only because I'm not going to cause extra drama over a rumor. I have never witness these people fighting pitbulls myself. Anyway, so now my good standing with my neighbors is over and it only took a year. Sigh. 

Oh yeah, and so I was really hoping that the small dog would be ok but from what my husband described I doubt anything could survive that. I was thinking about calling animal control to follow up on the incident, but I'm not sure if I should. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM

i certainly would.

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I would have told the police about the rumored dog fighting... better safe then sorry. I would also call to follow up. Who did the little dog belong to?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I have no idea. I don't know if it was their dog, a loose dog, or what. I've never seen a small dog at that house before though. And then a little while later my other neighbor said she saw a car driving up and down the road and thought that it might have been someone looking for their dog :( 

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

I would have told the police about the rumored dog fighting... better safe then sorry. I would also call to follow up. Who did the little dog belong to?

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I would've shot the dogs honestly if I could hear that the small dog was still alive.

Otherwise taken a baseball bat to them. I've had to do that once when another dog attacked my dog. I didn't kill the dog, just hurt it.

Without any proof there isn't really anything you can do, unfortunately. If you have pets only let them out with supervision.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I would have shot them too, but I don't have a gun. I'm thinking it would probably be wise to get one at this point.

Quoting Lalalie:

I would've shot the dogs honestly if I could hear that the small dog was still alive.

Otherwise taken a baseball bat to them. I've had to do that once when another dog attacked my dog. I didn't kill the dog, just hurt it.

Without any proof there isn't really anything you can do, unfortunately. If you have pets only let them out with supervision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN