Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

‘Please don’t be a Muslim’: Boston marathon blasts draw condemnation and dread in Muslim world

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:35 PM
  • 203 Replies

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/04/15/please-dont-be-a-muslim-boston-marathon-blasts-draw-condemnation-and-dread-in-muslim-world/

Today's events are absolutely horrible. I have friends who haven't heard from their husbands yet who work in the hotels nearby. I have other friends who are going to hibernate for the rest of the week because of backlash :(  I have another non-muslim friend whose family member was hurt.  Just devastating....

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM

please dont be a muslim? you mean the attacker?

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM

That's what the article states, so, I'm assuming yes. Most of the Muslims I know  are fearing it as well.

Quoting thetrollcat:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:42 PM

ok double checking, that is terrible title because it sounds like they are telling people NOT to become a muslim. Very misleading...

But despite all their effort, ignorant people in USA are still going to blame the muslim.

Quoting PhantomRose88:

That's what the article states, so, I'm assuming yes. Most of the Muslims I know  are fearing it as well.

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM
3 moms liked this
And so it begins. People need to stop this and just focus on supporting those victims and the city of Boston. Not spewing hate. I don't mean this at you OP..its just sad. I still can't believe this happened.I can understand why the Muslim community would be nervous though, just this whole situation is a breeding ground for peoples own agendas now. Its so sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Boston has a very large Muslim community, I'm from there as well but moved.  Some of my friends are very fearful of leaving their homes  because the first thing that comes to everyone's minds is "Oh the Muslims did it" and the women are the first to be attacked (from experience)  :(  One stupid monster, killing innocent people and leaving others prisoners in their homes. Humanity has gone to hell. 

Quoting Angelicembrace:

And so it begins. People need to stop this and just focus on supporting those victims and the city of Boston. Not spewing hate. I don't mean this at you OP..its just sad. I still can't believe this happened.I can understand why the Muslim community would be nervous though, just this whole situation is a breeding ground for peoples own agendas now. Its so sad.

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I can imagine and that's not right. I truly hope people will keep to the facts, these people need our support, and all else the FBI and police and such will find out. Until then, join together for our city. That's it. Sadly, that probably wont happen :(. Mass killings every few months, people using these things for various agendas. Its definitely gone to hell.

Quoting PhantomRose88:

Boston has a very arge Muslim community, I'm from there as well but moved.  Some of my friends are very fearful of leaving their homes  because the first thing that comes to everyone's minds is "Oh the Muslims did it" and the women are the first to be attacked (from experience)  :(  One stupid monster, killing innocent people and leaving others prisoners in their homes. Humanity has gone to hell. 

Quoting Angelicembrace:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:55 PM

one of my dearest friends is muslim (converted last year) and is very scared of the bs that ppl will be saying 

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I'm all the way in Texas and where I am there is a small but very close nit Muslim community and they are afraid. One of my daughters best friends is Muslim and they were supposed to go to a musical together this evening but her parents decided to not let her go after what happened. I don't blame them for being afraid, they've been treated badly and dealt with so much after 9/11. I hope and pray it wasn't a Muslim as well! The whole thing makes me so sad! 

Quoting PhantomRose88:

Boston has a very arge Muslim community, I'm from there as well but moved.  Some of my friends are very fearful of leaving their homes  because the first thing that comes to everyone's minds is "Oh the Muslims did it" and the women are the first to be attacked (from experience)  :(  One stupid monster, killing innocent people and leaving others prisoners in their homes. Humanity has gone to hell. 

Quoting Angelicembrace:

redhead-bedhead
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:04 AM

It's already started. Muslim bashing that . Alek Erik Rush (he as been on Fox News a bunch) Tweeted calling for the death of all Muslims because they are "evil".

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:21 AM

People like him make it worse :(

It's already started. Muslim bashing that . Alek Erik Rush (he as been on Fox News a bunch) Tweeted calling for the death of all Muslims because they are "evil".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)