Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I just taught my 2 year old to pee in the woods

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 14 Replies

Okay,

So dont judge me until you read the whole post. 

My two year old and I was outside today. It was the first nice day out and we wanted to take advantage of every ray of sunlight we could.  My 2 year old is 95% potty trained. I put a diaper on him for bedtime and when we leave the house. But, today I decided to let him tell me when he had to go pee. Hopeing he would. I also had my 1 year old outside as well, and he is a handful!

I was in the middle of a tug of war with my 1 year old a poor worm heading for a trip into his mouth when my two year old started crossing and squatting, (yes, I saw it out of the corner of my eye), I quickly shouted across the yard "just pull down your pants and pee in the bushes".  And sure as shit, I saw bare buns and a stream of pee into the poor bush.

I was pretty proud of him.

Meanwhile I had won the war and was carrying my 1 year old closer to my two year old.

I was praising him for doing his business outside and not in his pants, but after I thought about it, I am wondering if it was the right thing to do. At the time I think It was, but I am afraid that he will think it is appropriate for him to do that anywhere.

I try to be consistant, but I dont think peeing outside is THAT bad, for a boy. But what if he starts to poop poop outside? Or in front of company?

Have any of you had this issue? 

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Haha I grew up in the country if we were out in the woods guess where we'd pee lol. Its not that big of a deal imo
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM

*shrug*

Cool story bro :)

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM
What do you think people do when they camp?

Not a big deal. Just make sure he covers that poop. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM

lol when my 2 y/o nephew learned how to do that his parents video taped it and posted his naked butt all over fbook. Now he undresses whenever he enters anyones house best thing ever was when the bathrooms were full so he walked over to the tree in the entry and peed in it.

Just teach your son that poop is only for a potty?

kattu
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband still pees outside all the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raschwittay
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM

lol!!! Yeah, poop is for potty! Since he hasnt mastered wiping yet. Its always a mess lol

Quoting Anonymous:

lol when my 2 y/o nephew learned how to do that his parents video taped it and posted his naked butt all over fbook. Now he undresses whenever he enters anyones house best thing ever was when the bathrooms were full so he walked over to the tree in the entry and peed in it.

Just teach your son that poop is only for a potty?

shannon.m.park
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I did the same thing with my dd when she was 4...

When I was a kid, and playing outside, nad had to go all of a sudden, its squat and go... its the same now for me, at 26, unless im in public lol

Lalalie
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Just let him not to do it in front of people.

handy0318
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not a problem... but he'll probably think it's OK to pee outside... in your yard, in the neighbor's yard, on the neighbor's cat...lol...

raschwittay
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I remember a few times in my "fun" years poppin a squat in the woods lol. huuhhhh I miss those days

Quoting shannon.m.park:

I did the same thing with my dd when she was 4...

When I was a kid, and playing outside, nad had to go all of a sudden, its squat and go... its the same now for me, at 26, unless im in public lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)