Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since my last post was deleted...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 220 Replies
12 moms liked this
I want to know, CALMLY, why it's such a big deal that Boston was bombed with far less casualties than happen on an almost daily basis in other countries at the hand of our own country. I know, it's American soil, and it shakes the average over comfortable American to their core to think about domestic terrorism, but why? Am I alone in thinking that we have been lulled into being too secure? Families lose their children to bombs and attacks that we as a nation fund and support, daily. Yet where is the outrage over their innocent lives?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this

beatlelovermom
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM
11 moms liked this

I agree with you. It's saddening no matter where it happens, but it's also angering knowing our tax dollars are funding the death of innocent people everyday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM
24 moms liked this
I'm sure those bombings get coverage in tbose countries. I have family in Italy and none of them knew anything about Boston yesterday.
It gets coverage here because is OUR country. I am sure if you ask the family of the three dead victims why its a big deal, they could give you a long list of reasons why its a big deal to them!
Maybe you don't mean it to, but your post comes across as careless for what happened yesterday.
We don't hear about what goes on in other countries as much because well, its not our country, just as they don't hear much about ours.
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM
We don't like our little comfort bubble being popped. We like to think we're untouchable and that nothing can happen in our own space, yet atrocities are committed daily abroad. And since our hands (and $) are in so many foreign pots, a lot of atrocities have happened that we would be at least accessories to if we were on trial in our own justice system.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM
7 moms liked this
Sooo going to lose anon for this...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Of course Americans have a false sense of security. We have a can't touch us mentality.

Starryeyez_01
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Why are you letting this get to you so much?? Seriously, give your mind a break.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel sad for any group of people that has to live their lives in fear. Just because I'm saddened and afraid because it happened so close to home doesnt mean I support wars in other countries.

MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM
2 moms liked this

So, just because the loss of life is less that means that it shouldn't be important? As I just responded to another, killing someone is killing someone. 

As an aside, I read this to OH and he responded with wondering how you would feel if it happened in your backyard. If it was one of your family members or close friends.. would it be important to you then?

As for this thought as to what WE do as a nation, whether you agree with our wars or not, our general creed in the US is to try and perserve civilian life. That isn't always possible, but we don't go out and target family friendly venues and try to kill people off. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but we certainly try to prevent it. This was purposeful.
And edit to say: Yes, we are far too complacent and we have a false sense of security. We've became lazy and arrogant about our role in the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured