Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can CPS take my baby? *WOW UPDATE!*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If I refuse to sign a C-section consent form during labor if THEY believe the baby is in danger but I do not? UPDATE: Damn ladies CALM YOUR FARM! Its nothing to do with being selfish. I have had a C-section before TO SAVE MY DS'S LIFE! and to add to the psychical pain I felt after I woke from the operation he never took a breath. I do not want a C-section, doctors can be wrong! They sent me home at 36weeks with contractions only to have deliver a baby 6 hours too late. So if I can see myself there is nothing wrong with my child's heartbeat, there's no bleeding or any other signs of problems I will not sign that form just because they want me too!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM

This has nothing to do with home births. Nice try though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is that why in America the c section rate is about 25% higher than it should be? Am I an 'idiot' for choosing to birth at home because I'm healthy and have no need for medical intervention? Maybe you don't know what you're actually talking about.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have to say. You aren't very smart if you think that is the norm. Everyone makes mistakes at their job. There would be millions more if idiot patients were permitted to make their own decisions about important things like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's bad advice. Don't always trust a doctor. My doctor made a wrong decision during my sons delivery and he now has an injury in his arm due to the docs bad decision, and we are now in a lawsuit for malpractice against the doc. The mistake could have been prevented if the doc would have done a c section.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just do what the doctor says. Problem solved

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Lol...right...coking from the person who said "just listen to the doctor".

Quoting Anonymous:

I suggest you get educated. Then maybe you wont be so quick to take alarmist "documentaries" as gospel.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I suggest you get educated...

Start with the business of being born.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh yes terrible advice. Im sure she knows waaaay more than someone who went to 20+ years of school. DUMMY

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

This is terrible advice.

Quoting Anonymous:

O

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I love how people assume that people have not researched a doctor because they feel like they are facing a situation where they feel they may be forced into an unnecessary csection. Look around you and open up your eyes. Some hospitals and some regions of the US have csection rates upwards of 30-40% that is nearing a one in two chance you will have one. Considering that a rate of about 10% is considered to be reasonable, it is apparent, that many of these csections are not being performed in DIRE EMERGENCIES as one of the posters claimed. Get your head out of the sand ladies, if you want to deny that the csection rate has reached an unhealthy and unnecessary level in most parts of the US you are really living in a fantasy world. Many women can't just "research doctors" because they have already gone through all the availalble doctors in their area and none of them have a respectable csection rate. Many Doctors are motivated by most of the things that motivate other human beings. They are motivated by potential law suits (it is legally better for them to do an unnecessary csection than take the infiinitesmal risk something could happen to the baby without it, and they are able to get away with actually causing injuries with these csections because we are not demanding that they pay for their actions enough with their birth injuries created by csections.  Also, doctors, as human beings are motivated to want to spend time with their families and it is easy for them to push pitocin to speed up labors, especially since it is widely accepted to be safe by the medical community (never mind that it can have side effects on the mother/baby)  In regards to the CPS issue, be very very careful. It all depends on the CPS workers in your area and the hospital. If they want to go on a power trip because you dare to stand up against their wishes (no matter how unmedically based they may be) you may have a fight on your hands. Please have a doula with you and it would be best to avoid the situation if at all possible, but I know realistically that we all can't just drive to a hospital hours away, afford a homebirth or to change to someone outside of our insurance network etc. Some people really have no clue about the difficulties women face in seeking good providers these days.

norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM
BC doctors make up emergencies.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you refusing to sign it, its only in case of emergency.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I would expect as much from someone who believes everything they see on television.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Lol...right...coking from the person who said "just listen to the doctor".

Quoting Anonymous:

I suggest you get educated. Then maybe you wont be so quick to take alarmist "documentaries" as gospel.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I suggest you get educated...

Start with the business of being born.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh yes terrible advice. Im sure she knows waaaay more than someone who went to 20+ years of school. DUMMY

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

This is terrible advice.

Quoting Anonymous:

O

CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Quoting bowribbonmama:

So can you explain the increased percentage of c-sections?
C-sections are quick, convenient, easy for the doctor and cost the patient/government more money.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

C-section = more money. That is their agenda.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting Bellarose0212:

I can't believe these responses.

Just do what the doctor says.

No informed consent needed, please don't have a brain or think for yourself, doctors are always right and never make mistakes or have ulterior motives.

Wowza.

So it's just safer to assume the doctor has an agenda,and do the opposite of whatever he or she recommends. That's sound cafemom advise.

Paranoia runs rampant throughout cm.

No,I can't explain. But I have theories. For one,as medicine advances,c-sections are becoming less dangerous and a better option for some high risk pregnancies. Another is mothers requesting c-sections because they want the child born on a certain day or before an event or for whatever reason. Those are some of my theories. And by the way,I'm not so sure about this "quick,convenient,easy" description you have of c-sections.

keriley1
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't where the hell ya'll are going for your shitty "liar" doctors, but my doctors (regular and OB) have been nothing short of AMAZING and I wouldn't ignore their advice ever. They went to medical school, they know what they are talking about. Half of you people are crazy. And OP why you wouldn't want to save your child's life is beyond me.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Or some OBs make mothers feel pressured into c-sections.
C-sections are exactly what I described. A c-section takes about an hour or so to do. How many vaginal births are that quick?

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

C-sections are quick, convenient, easy for the doctor and cost the patient/government more money.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting Bellarose0212:

No informed consent needed, please don't have a brain or think for yourself, doctors are always right and never make mistakes or have ulterior motives.

Wowza.

So it's just safer to assume the doctor has an agenda,and do the opposite of whatever he or she recommends. That's sound cafemom advise.

No,I can't explain. But I have theories. For one,as medicine advances,c-sections are becoming less dangerous and a better option for some high risk pregnancies. Another is mothers requesting c-sections because they want the child born on a certain day or before an event or for whatever reason. Those are some of my theories. And by the way,I'm not so sure about this "quick,convenient,easy" description you have of c-sections.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I actually read the uptick is from hollywood glamorizing c-sections. Its easier, you can plan a day and things around it. I can't remember where I read it though.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting Bellarose0212:

Wowza.

CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Or some OBs make mothers feel pressured into c-sections.
C-sections are exactly what I described. A c-section takes about an hour or so to do. How many vaginal births are that quick?

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting Bellarose0212:

Wowza.

How often are the doctors there through the whole birth?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)