Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm taking a break from Cafemom & Facebook..

Posted by   + Show Post

I honestly want to know what does taking a break from these sites do for you? I'm just curious, not bashing anyone.

I'm not taking a break, btw.

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

In all honestly it does me too after a while. I took a break after Sandy Hook. I just couldn't stand seeing all the post on here about it anymore.

Quoting atyou:

For me.....sometimes......the negativity here starts to make ME feel negative.

And I don't like it.

photo 09818b36-418b-42ec-bb89-2fd181fbf1af_zpsde7408ec.jpg

"I love you today and I love you tomorrow, I love you as deep as the sea. I love you in joy and I love you in sorrow, You can always come home to me" Andrew Peterson

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM

It gives you clarity and a better perspective.

This place can be toxic with all the negativity.

piratehooker
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I took a two week break and didn't miss anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Don't let it get to you, girl.

Quoting atyou:

And I don't like it.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Pretty much this!

I'm a computer person and work in front of a computer all day, but sometimes life gets hectic and I have no problems leaving them behind for a while.  Once I get home, I actually rarely turn on the computer.  I used to do that and spend hours in front of it after having spent all day in front of one at work and I resolved to stop doing that a few years ago.  I feel that we are all so connected all the time that once I get home, that's time that I NEED to take to focus on myself and my family and not what's going on in front of the computer.

Quoting MichelleSw:

I don't really have to take breaks. Sometimes I get super busy with life and leave them all behind for a while. I've always been a computer person; so they are my news and my entertainment. So IDK :P Bump!

kngarber
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM
From time to time I have to bc I get so irritated. Election time is a good example. People just annoy me when they go overboard and fly off the handle.
starlight91
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM

taking a break from the toxic people on here can be very refreshing... I do not want to become a "negative nelly" like some on here....

atyou
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
It's like an accent. Live in the south long enough, and you start saying ya'll. Know what I mean? It's an energy. *most* times I stay light hearted and fun.....when I don't feel that way here.....I leave for a bit.

Quoting Miss-B:

Don't let it get to you, girl.

Quoting atyou:

And I don't like it.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I took a break from Facebook for an entire year and still haven't really gone back.

I miscarried last year and every time I looked online someone was posting about their baby or getting pregnant and it was just too much for me so I deactivated Facebook and honestly I think that was the best thing for me. Even now ill check Facebook every week or so but nothing like I did before I took a break.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I never understand people who do that, especially when they announce it. Your world shouldn't revolve around fb/cafe mom. my SIL always announces she will be taking a break from Fb to "focus" on her school (college), she will deactivate it, but is back 2 days later posting randomness and changing her profile pictures lol it's really not that hard (well it shouldnt be that hard) to take a break from the Internet. lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)