Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm taking a break from Cafemom & Facebook..

Posted by   + Show Post

I honestly want to know what does taking a break from these sites do for you? I'm just curious, not bashing anyone.

I'm not taking a break, btw.

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Replies (41-50):
Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, but I'm not taking a break :)

Quoting angierose7679:

I don't get on either one too much. I just mainly use FB to keep in contact withy family that I don't get to see much. And post pics of the kids for them to see.

Enjoy your break 😊

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha I'm a mod so I can't take a week off. But I would if I could.
MamaRae85
by *you're on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Exactly this. I have to remind myself that people aren't like this in real life.

At least around here... lol

Quoting atyou:

For me.....sometimes......the negativity here starts to make ME feel negative.

And I don't like it.

catchup29
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I've taken several breaks from CM over the past 6 years.  My mind goes on overload and I find myself getting too wrapped up in strangers personal lives.  And on FB, I deactivate my account sometimes for the same reason, but they aren't strangers.  So it makes it worse.  I'm a helper, and a cheerleader, so I try to help too many people and lose myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I think after reading some negative things all the time a person gets to feeling down & gets to be negative themselves I know I wasn't this negative before CM .
kngarber
by Katie on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Well that is an awesome thing to say. I love her! :)

Quoting annie6884:

Totally off subject but your avi pic looks just like Kate Hudson!

Quoting kngarber:

From time to time I have to bc I get so irritated. Election time is a good example. People just annoy me when they go overboard and fly off the handle.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HouseKatof2
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I don't set out to take breaks. I usually just get busy, or bored, and wander off for a while. 

I haven't spent a lot of time on CM in a while. I spend about 10-15 min a day here. It just doesn't hold my interest like it used to.  

Vamp
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM

no need unles it starts affectig your every day real life LOL

baquick
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I took my break from cm... When Sandy hit and it was down for like a week or so. Haha.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I always do a week or so before 9/11 because my grandmother died on September 11, but in 2003. But since the 9/11 attacks are memorialized every year, I am bombarded with the date, no matter where I go or how I try to avoid it. so I stay off CM, facebook, and really the internet/news in general. It's very hard on me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)