Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poor people are fat!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So... I went to one hospital with my mother. Very expensive, very nice hospital. 90% of the people there seemed to be about proportionate, didn't look overweight, and DEFINITELY none that were really big.

Went to the county hospital with a friend. Almost EVERYONE there was overweight, and a good number could probably be considered morbidly obese.\

Coincidence?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM
More fat rich people: queen latifah, chris farley, john candy, kevin smith.......

Quoting MelanieMans:

No being a rich judgmental bitch who sits there and says poor people are fat are bad people. I'm poor and I'm not fat, Oprah is rich and fat and the only reason she lost weight is because she has money to pay for lipo and triple bypass.

Quoting Anonymous:

Uhhhh.....what?!?!  Now being rich makes you a bad person? ....I learn something new everyday!

Quoting MelanieMans:

Rich people are ugly inside and out

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
panther79
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Looks like someone had their carnation instant stupid today =)

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Roseann barr, john goodman............

Quoting MelanieMans:

More fat rich people: queen latifah, chris farley, john candy, kevin smith.......

Quoting MelanieMans:

No being a rich judgmental bitch who sits there and says poor people are fat are bad people. I'm poor and I'm not fat, Oprah is rich and fat and the only reason she lost weight is because she has money to pay for lipo and triple bypass.

Quoting Anonymous:

Uhhhh.....what?!?!  Now being rich makes you a bad person? ....I learn something new everyday!

Quoting MelanieMans:

AnnLanders
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:09 PM

You're behind the curve... this is not a coincidence, it's long since been proven.  

Poorer people have less access to fresh healthy food, nutritional information and the capacity to understand it. Urban kids in rough areas are encouraged to stay indoors where it's safer instead of going outside to run/play.  That sedentary lifestyle transfers into adult life.  

Anastacia1988
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Um if your poor and can't afford food wouldn't you be skinny?
MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Well all that work usually keep someone from getting really fat, the stuff my husband does at work would be difficult for a big fat person to do

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't say everyone who works in factorys are fat. I  said A LOT of people who work jobs such as factorys are unhappy. I worked in factories and so did my husband. I was actually skinny then, but there were a lot of obese people. I am just saying if you are poor then you may be depressed or unhappy and you try to fix it by eating. 

Quoting MelanieMans:

My husband works in a factory and isn't fat

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe.. I also think that a lot of poor people are working factory jobs, fast food, and jobs that are rather depressing. I would know lol. So a lot of times when you are unhappy in an aspect of your life you try to feel that void, and food makes a lot of people happy. Or for a moment it does anyways. 

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I definitely think there's a correlation between health/weight and socioeconomic background.

When we were broke I packed on 50 pounds from the cheap but filling junk we ate. When my husband's income tripled, we could afford to shop more and got a Y membership. Which I found motivating, since we were paying for it and all lol, might as well use it.
audreesmama
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Making a sweeping generalization doesn't make it true. I have know many people who were 'rich' and were very beautiful people, inside and out.

Quoting MelanieMans:

charmgirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Are all fat people poor?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Did you go around asking people their income? How would you know who was poor and who wasn't? A person's presence at a particular hospital whether it be a nicer, more expensive hospital or a not-so-nice, less expensive hospital is not indicative of their income. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)