Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poor people are fat!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So... I went to one hospital with my mother. Very expensive, very nice hospital. 90% of the people there seemed to be about proportionate, didn't look overweight, and DEFINITELY none that were really big.

Went to the county hospital with a friend. Almost EVERYONE there was overweight, and a good number could probably be considered morbidly obese.\

Coincidence?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not really a fact if you can't prove how much each person makes. Like someone else stated they go to a county hospital because it's closer not because they're poor.
So actually you were stating an opinion not a fact.

Quoting Anonymous:

What?!? I didn't even state an opinion. I stated facts based on my observations. Learn the difference.

Quoting Anonymous:

bitch plz get over yourself!!!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I made a post a while back how people with money are in shape.

audreesmama
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Wait--you're allowed to make generalizations, but others aren't? Right.

Quoting MelanieMans:

My husband works in a factory and isn't fat

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe.. I also think that a lot of poor people are working factory jobs, fast food, and jobs that are rather depressing. I would know lol. So a lot of times when you are unhappy in an aspect of your life you try to feel that void, and food makes a lot of people happy. Or for a moment it does anyways. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM
If you have more money you are more likely to spend more on healthy foods, gym equipment or memberships. If you have less money you are less likely to be able to afford those things. So I can see it being more common for one to be more overweight than the other.
MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Not the judgmental ones, and OP just made a sweeping generalization. Rich people can be fat too. Oprah, queen latifah, chris farley, john candy, john goodman, roseanne barr, kevin smith.....I could go on

Quoting audreesmama:

Making a sweeping generalization doesn't make it true. I have know many people who were 'rich' and were very beautiful people, inside and out.

Quoting MelanieMans:

Rich people are ugly inside and out

vvinkyloafer
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I hope you ate a fish stick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM
If you are comparing rich celebrities, the skinny FAR out weigh the fat.

Quoting MelanieMans:

More fat rich people: queen latifah, chris farley, john candy, kevin smith.......

Quoting MelanieMans:

No being a rich judgmental bitch who sits there and says poor people are fat are bad people. I'm poor and I'm not fat, Oprah is rich and fat and the only reason she lost weight is because she has money to pay for lipo and triple bypass.

Quoting Anonymous:

Uhhhh.....what?!?!  Now being rich makes you a bad person? ....I learn something new everyday!

Quoting MelanieMans:

Rich people are ugly inside and out

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Val Kilmer is pretty damn fat
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM

i know the difference but i still think you need to get over yourself you didnt have to say anything you just wanted to bring attention to yourself and i gave it to you

Quoting Anonymous:

What?!? I didn't even state an opinion. I stated facts based on my observations. Learn the difference.

Quoting Anonymous:

bitch plz get over yourself!!!!!

wyattsmom2009
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
That is called being judgmental. Country vs city you idiot. But you know people like you look down on everyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)