Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fox pulls ‘Family Guy’ episode referring to deaths at Boston Marathon; no plans to re-air

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 87 Replies

NEW YORK — Fox has pulled from websites a recent episode of “Family Guy” that depicts mass deaths at the Boston Marathon, and has no immediate plans to air it again.

Fox spokeswoman Gaude Paez said Tuesday the episode has been removed from Fox.com and Hulu.com.

In the episode, protagonist Peter Griffin is asked by sports announcer Bob Costas about his performance at the marathon. A flashback shows Peter mowing down runners with his car.

“I’ll tell ya, Bob, I just got in my car and drove it,” Griffin says. “And when there was a guy in my way, I killed him.”

Later, Peter befriends a terrorist who, unbeknownst to him, is plotting to blow up a bridge. When Peter dials a cellphone the friend has given him, explosions and screams are heard. On some websites, an edited clip has been circulating that fuses the two scenes, making it seem — incorrectly — as if the explosion was at the marathon. Some commenters have implied that the show “predicted” the bombings.

“Family Guy” creator Seth MacFarlane took to Twitter on Tuesday to vent anger over the edited clip and offer condolences to victims of Monday’s bombings at the marathon.

“The edited ‘Family Guy’ clip currently circulating is abhorrent,” MacFarlane tweeted. “The event was a crime and a tragedy, and my thoughts are with the victims.”

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/fox-pulls-family-guy-episode-referring-to-deaths-at-boston-marathon-no-plans-to-re-air/2013/04/16/87620160-a6e3-11e2-9e1c-bb0fb0c2edd9_story.html

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.1 Corinthians 10:31

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Did you read the article??  Family Guy didn't do it... someone cut two clips of different parts together and made it seem that way.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM
It's not real!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShanesMommy2012
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM
It's not real.
Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM

How is Family Guy tasteless for this? It obviously says someone else fused the two together. You didn't even read your own article.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

and I thought the Terry Schiavo one was bad

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM
If you read the article it says that.

Quoting MamaJess9:

Did you read the article??  Family Guy didn't do it... someone cut two clips of different parts together and made it seem that way.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Still love Family Guy
amy1will
by Amethyst on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Horrible that someone would do that.
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

lylleve
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I love family guy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)