Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Was your baby in the nicu?
My son is a Nicu Baby He's Such a Strong Little Boy He Spent His First month In the nicu he had maconium aspirtion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Replies (31-40):
atyou
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
inspire.com/groups/preemie

A community of preemie and micro preemie parents. Nothing like here. Everyone there can relate to what you're currently living through.....offer advice/support /real life experience etc. Life saver for me.

You know how no one in your life really knows what it feels like....to have nicu babies? These people do.

Quoting headingsouth13:

of what?? no i'm not

Quoting atyou:

Are you a member of inspire?

Quoting headingsouth13:

my twins are currently in the nicu due to their early arrival ( born at 29wks on 4/01)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
091612RmhGss
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM
My son had to be transferred To a Childrens Hospital also.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes and was transferred to a children's hospital.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whereismymind
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My oldest and youngest both were. My oldest because he was born at 36 wks ,had trouble breathing on his own and was jaundice, he stayed in the nicu for 10 days. My youngest was born 3/8 of this year at 36 wks 6 days via emergency c section and spent one week due to breathing issues. Both are doing great at almost 6 years old and 5 weeks :)

RelaxedMom2-3
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM

My youngest son spent his first month of life in there also.  He was born with pneumonia. He is now a happy and healthy 10 year old. Glad your son is okay.

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM
My water broke very early which put me on bed rest ( long story short) ended up induced early due to life threatening infection. Because of loss of amniotic fluid her lungs were under developed and she needed nicu care.

How's your son doing??

Quoting 091612RmhGss:

May I Ask why Your Baby was in the nicu? And thank you!

Quoting Mackenzie40:

My youngest was. Best wishes to you and your son.

Sweety1018
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM
My 3 year old was in nicu for 3days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:51 PM
My nephew was born at 26wks 1lb6oz. He was in nicu for 3 1/2mnths. He did good though and has no issues now at almost 2. He is kinda short for his age but really healthy weight wise. It took him longer to crawl and walk but you couldnt tell now!
RyansMommie07
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM

all 3 of mine were. my older 2 were born at 33 weeks and 35 weeks. im type 1 diabetic, and i had hellp syndrome. theyre all healthy happy kiddoes now though. my oldest has asthma, but so does my husband so i doubt it has anything to do with his nicu stay

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:08 PM

My eldest is a NICU baby! He was born at 30 weeks, had to be on a ventilator briefly. Then he contracted a staph infection. We almost lost the little guy but he is so strong! He stayed in NICU for about 1 month before we could take him home. 

AlvertPartyOf6
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM
DS & DD weren't, but my twins were.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)