Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who Is Responsible?!pics page 7&8 added pics of inside on pg 10

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 154 Replies
We rent.

Our front porch is pretty large and it had green outdoor carpet on it (I didn't mind it). Before winter, the landlord sent his daughter to come rip it up. They gave no notice, but at the time we were in good terms so I didn't give her shit.
She ripped up the carpet and left.

There is a HUGE amount of dust and unattractive lumps and old wood now exposed. The porch is covered so it didn't wash away, so its literally just a half inch or so of soot. They said they would come clean it.

Okay, its April. No one has come. I don't use my front porch because its directly across from a store and its not secluded.

I so do not want to clean the porch- at all. Actually I would rather have a period for a year than clean it.

Should I just clean it? Or leave as is for them to deal with it when we move?

There is also an ungodly amount of garbage in our yard from the previous tenants (they would dump tashcans out the window because they didn't have trash removal. There were tampon applicators in the bushes amongst other disgusting items) and its getting warm so I know I'm going to get screwed into cleaning it so my kids can play outside.

We pay our rent! Do your fucking job!!!!

ETA : The landlords said they would take care of the garbage. Winter came and they didn't come. Now the snow is gone and I see all the garbage and I know I'm going to have to clean it, so stop bashing me. Please and thank you.

The tanpons are gone and the bushes are clean. Now it's just the yard.

THERE ARE PICS OF INSIDE ON PGS 10-11 OF THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW, TODAY. AS YOU CAN SEE ITS NOT SPOTLESS BUT ITS NOT FILTHY EITHER

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Also, my roof leaks, my oven doesn't work so I cannot bake, only two of my stovetops work, and the bathroom leaks into the basement.
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Bump
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Bump
mamabear55
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I either wouldn't have rented it or already cleaned it up

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
...I would have been had the trash removed from outside, that's just nasty.

Send your LL a certified letter regarding the repairs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
panther79
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I'd be saying something to the landlord about the stove/oven, the roof and the leak going into the basement. I'd end up cleaning the yard and the porch. That's frigging gross used tampons? EEEWWW Second thought I'd say something about that too. 

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM
We didn't have a choice and they knew it. We both have evictions from our younger years and even though we make enough $$$ our credit is shit.

Quoting mamabear55:

I either wouldn't have rented it or already cleaned it up

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I rent and I take care of the cleaning of my deck bc its my deck. I would personally just clean  but I cant stand to have dirty/trash around ...now the fixing of things that is different thats the landlord responsibility

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM
They half-assed the cleaning and they got the bushes clean so no tampons, just a bunch of fast food cups and dishes in back yard. They know about all these things.

Quoting panther79:

I'd be saying something to the landlord about the stove/oven, the roof and the leak going into the basement. I'd end up cleaning the yard and the porch. That's frigging gross used tampons? EEEWWW Second thought I'd say something about that too. 

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I think its his responsibility... but I would have gotten so tired of it that I just did it myself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)