Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's MY child support and I'll spend it however I want

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 514 Replies
15 moms liked this
I hear the same argument online and off. If a mom or dad is getting CS, that 100% of it should always go towards the kids. I don't agree. Reason why? Because if that child is being taken care financially, physically, mentally, whatever then that patent who receives CS should down the money however they want. This past weekend I went out and got my child $270.00 in summer clothes. Then I spent another $160 on a trampoline, a small one. Daycare alone is $426 and I have to pay an additional $250 for additional childcare (don't ask, not telling why). So if I want to take this $400 child support to buy myself lunch for the month, guess what. I will. If I wanna pay $30 for a fill and a design for my nails, gonna do it. Do I care if my ex knows that the money that is garnished from his check isn't going to DD but to me, oh well. His opinion doesn't matter. A portion of that CS will go to her savings but the rest is mine to blow on whatever I feel like. I don't understand why people feel like just because its cs it has to be spent on the kid.

This is not meant for parents who's kids look homeless and the parent looks like they just stepped out of a magazine. This is meant for women/men who are taking care of their kids like they are supposed to.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM
16 moms liked this
Gets popcorn and takes a seat. This should be good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM
8 moms liked this

I 100% disagree, but that is MY opinion and you have yours.  But, if your hubby wants proof of how you are spending the money, then good luck with that.

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM
6 moms liked this
I don't care who does what with it. But, lots come here and make it public. When you do that you're opening yourself to all kinds of shit. If you don't want to hear it, do put it in a public forum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM
8 moms liked this
I agree where the money goes isn't important. If you are paying the bills and providing from your check then you're paying yourself back. Cs comes in once a month. My kid needs stuff throughout the month. We spend far more than the cs on him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:55 PM
3 moms liked this
As long as you're taking care of your child and spending that much or in most cases more, it doesn't matter if the specifically designated money goes "to the child". If that was the way it worked where you put the 'leftover' (ha) in a savings account or whatnot, then realistically most people's children would be in the negative and owing the cp money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:55 PM
39 moms liked this
Based on what you said, the way I see it is if you are spending $400+ a month on your DD then the child support is going toward the child. You just happen to pay for her expenses out of your income and reimburse those expenses when you receive the child support.
whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM
8 moms liked this
It's all money, and you spent $400 on the kid right? well it may not have been THAT exact 400, but technically you did spend it on the child. you put your child first, made sure all their needs were met and then you spent a little on you. tbh I really don't see the problem...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Just because it's cs doesn't mean it needs to be spent on the kid? Okaaaaaaaay....

trolldog
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:58 PM
6 moms liked this

I think you spend more than that on yourself based on the fact you had to say something about it and you are anon. Typical.

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Me too.

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Gets popcorn and takes a seat. This should be good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)