Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rude!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
2 moms liked this
I had a business meeting two days ago, so my DF dropped me off and took our son (almost 10 months) out to eat and then shopping at target.

My DF got stopped by security and they were questioning him if he really was his son!!!! Wtf!? Just because he's lighter than his dad?! The security said they got a complaint from some lady. My DF was kind of mad but when he told me, wow that really pissed me off!

ETA: here is all of us. I'm light and my DF is dark. Our baby is light like me. My DF said he was behaving really well.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow smdm!!! That's horrible
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:14 PM
5 moms liked this
<•>_<•>

Did y'all make a formal complaint with Target or wherever secruity stopped them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM
That's pretty rude. I would be very upset too. Was your son kicking and screaming and giving the impression he wasn't with his dad?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
It is rude but I'd rather be questioned than have someone take off with my kid.
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Some people just have to have their noses in everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM
No my DF told me he was behaving really well and they were playing peekaboo in the toy aisle and some lady snatched her daughter and said "lets get out of here sweetie" and then my DF said he took the baby to the bathroom to change his diaper and then the security was following him when he got out and stopped him right before he got outside.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's pretty rude. I would be very upset too. Was your son kicking and screaming and giving the impression he wasn't with his dad?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Can we do that? What will they do?

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

<•>_<•>

Did y'all make a formal complaint with Target or wherever secruity stopped them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Me too, but they asked him simple question and let him go! As if a kidnapper would say, "you know what officer, this is not my son, i confess," Kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

It is rude but I'd rather be questioned than have someone take off with my kid.

gypsy.mom
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM

There is obviously more to this then just that, there is always more to the story. Was your child throwing a temper tantrum? Was he whining? Upset.. Etc? 

With the amount of children snatched from stores these days, then it's not strange for someone to report behavior to security that may seem suspicious to them. Like a child a different race then a man screaming/throwing a fit. 

thecoffeefairy
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM
That's awful!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN