Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had a business meeting two days ago, so my DF dropped me off and took our son (almost 10 months) out to eat and then shopping at target.

My DF got stopped by security and they were questioning him if he really was his son!!!! Wtf!? Just because he's lighter than his dad?! The security said they got a complaint from some lady. My DF was kind of mad but when he told me, wow that really pissed me off!

ETA: here is all of us. I'm light and my DF is dark. Our baby is light like me. My DF said he was behaving really well.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Pic?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM
2 moms liked this
That's pretty judgmental to assume her child was acting out. Maybe it was just a stuck up snooty bitch that wanted to put her nose where it didn't belong. Maybe being the operative word here. Either way.. its pretty rude to assume the child isn't his just because he has a lighter skin color.

Quoting gypsy.mom:

There is obviously more to this then just that, there is always more to the story. Was your child throwing a temper tantrum? Was he whining? Upset.. Etc? 

With the amount of children snatched from stores these days, then it's not strange for someone to report behavior to security that may seem suspicious to them. Like a child a different race then a man screaming/throwing a fit. 

gypsy.mom
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't assume nor was I judgemental. I am saying that it's unlikely what she gave was the whole story. I proposed that possibly her child was acting in a manner that suggested he was in distress. 

You're stretching what I said and taking it to a level I didn't intend it to go! 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's pretty judgmental to assume her child was acting out. Maybe it was just a stuck up snooty bitch that wanted to put her nose where it didn't belong. Maybe being the operative word here. Either way.. its pretty rude to assume the child isn't his just because he has a lighter skin color.

Quoting gypsy.mom:

There is obviously more to this then just that, there is always more to the story. Was your child throwing a temper tantrum? Was he whining? Upset.. Etc? 

With the amount of children snatched from stores these days, then it's not strange for someone to report behavior to security that may seem suspicious to them. Like a child a different race then a man screaming/throwing a fit. 

Chantilly1
by Canadian Mommy on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM

i'd be upset as well, what can you do though 

your baby is cute :)

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM

you have a beautiful family op!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:34 PM

WTF? That is ridiculous. People are so stupid, I swear. I would write an email to the store complaining that security stopped him. That was uncalled for.

SnortysMom
by CatMarie on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM

You have a beautiful family, OP. And I'm sorry this happened to you guys. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Thank you!!

Quoting ccnstanczak:

you have a beautiful family op!!

gabby416
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:37 PM

the fok?!  I would be livid and I would be raising hell.

gabby416
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM

oh yeah, and you have a really beautiful family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured