Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I had a business meeting two days ago, so my DF dropped me off and took our son (almost 10 months) out to eat and then shopping at target.

My DF got stopped by security and they were questioning him if he really was his son!!!! Wtf!? Just because he's lighter than his dad?! The security said they got a complaint from some lady. My DF was kind of mad but when he told me, wow that really pissed me off!

ETA: here is all of us. I'm light and my DF is dark. Our baby is light like me. My DF said he was behaving really well.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Replies (51-57):
starlight91
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:50 PM

must have been an anonymous cafemom member, they are known for doing rude things then hiding....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Wow you guys are beautiful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow you guys are beautiful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM
One time my hubbie and daughter were at the store. She is lighter than he and they got stopped like this. He told them to either call the police or get the fuck out of his way. Our daughter was old enough to answer questions, but she was scared that these people would take her. I went in the next day and pitched a fit with the store manager. There really wasn't anything they could do. It was a private security company. When i was done with the store, I called the security company and filed a complaint with them.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I mean in the big picture I would rather them question someone rather than a babt go missing but damn that is harsh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:58 PM
My grandpa got pulled lver when i was little. Im super white and my grandpa is darker than your dh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Or...big shocker....one kid could be with a friend.  Ds9 has a friend who is mixed...mother is blond causcian and the father is black.  So I took him with us to Sam's Club for pizza one day...me a white woman with dark brown hair, ds9 who is blond with blue eyes, and this black boy with crazy long curly hair.  LOL I don't know if anyone was staring if so perhaps they assumed the kids were adopted or something lol.

Quoting TiniMama:

I would just like to say that for about 6 months my brother in law watched my daughter for me while I worked. His is a very dark skinned Mexican and dd is very fair skinned. He would also have his daughter who is almost a year younger than dd. Any time he would have to go to the store with them he would get dirty looks and, on a couple of occasions, was followed around by some nosey busybody. Dd was always well behaved and followed him around saying uncle tony. Some people apparently have a hard time thinking someone with dark skin could be with a fair skinned child, nothing more to it.

Quoting gypsy.mom:

There is obviously more to this then just that, there is always more to the story. Was your child throwing a temper tantrum? Was he whining? Upset.. Etc? 

With the amount of children snatched from stores these days, then it's not strange for someone to report behavior to security that may seem suspicious to them. Like a child a different race then a man screaming/throwing a fit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN