Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there somthing that can be done about a company that gives employees too much work, then threatens to fire them when it doesnt get done?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Our company has been letting people go, not replacing those who leave, etc. I guess its for money reasons obviously but we have way more work than we can handle right now. That's fine, suck it up in hard times right? Wrong. We have enormous amounts of pressure on us to complete work, return phone calls, etc. If it's not done, they threaten to fire us. Everyone is very unhappy. To me, this is borderline abusive considering they know it's more work than a normal person can get done in a day yet we are held to a standard which is almost impossible to meet with the threat of getting fired. Your only hope is that management likes you because they can get rid of you for almost anything. It's scary. I really liked my job when i started and I love it now except this part. Does the labor board have any impact on regulating how much work they are allowed to give us and if they are allowed to fire us if we dont get it done?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM
No, none of that counts towards hostile work environment. Either get your work done or quit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Ummmmm...... dunno.

Call the labor board and ask.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on the state. If you are in an at will state like pa, they can fire you for no reason.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaffedrikke
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Start lining up another jobl perhaps have all employees have a heart to heart chat with the boss. Or get him or her the book Entre Leadership.
thecoffeefairy
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I think your out of Luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM

bump

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM
You can all walk out together in protest, but you may all be fired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:57 AM
How many hours do you work a day? Is the amount of work able to be accomplished in those hours that you work? If not call the labor board and explain the situation
Stephanie nice to meet you.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Lol I don't think there is anything you can do about that. Sorry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:45 AM
8 hours and no

Quoting mmtosam06:

How many hours do you work a day? Is the amount of work able to be accomplished in those hours that you work? If not call the labor board and explain the situation

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)