Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bizarre phone call, pray for this little girl. (Update)

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 158 Replies
1 mom liked this

This was the scariest phone call I have yet received.

i was sitting there folding clothes, watching 7 psychos, and my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number, but I answered it anyway. On the other end of the phone was a little girl. She said that she needed help, that her boyfriend just slapped her. I turned the tv off and asked what she said again. It was a little black girl. She said that she had 3 kids, and she left them at home alone, when her boyfriend came home he slapped her. I asked her how old she was and she said she was 15. I said, okay honey, what is your address? She said some strange highway number, like I75 or something. I gestured for my husband to write it down. I couldn't really understand her so I gave the phone to dh, he asked her what her name was and she said it was jasmine. He said she was whispering, like she didn't want anyone to know she was using the phone.

then she hung up. I thought that maybe it was a prank because it was so bizarre. But it got me thinking, what if she was trying to call 911. Our phone number made up of nothing but 9,s and 1's. my dh works for the cable company and we have phone service, so when he picked our phone number, he picked something that the kids could remember. And if it was a prank, then why didn't she block the number?

i called my local sheriff department. Gave them all the info and they came out and we made a report. They got a follow up while they were still at my house.

they talked to, she is an adult woman, one of her kids got the phone. (Was playing on it is what she said). 

I think that the girl was trying to report a true story. I think it happened just like the kid said. She was scared that she was going to get in trouble so she game her moms info. Anyway, Augusta police is checking it out. I hope the girl was only playing on the phone, and what she said wasn't true.

this little girl is going to be on my mind all night.

she also said that she was 15 with 3 kids and her boyfriend slapped her because she left them alone. It really put knots in my stomach.

Update: Well turns out the little girl was calling for her mom. I was thanked for calling the police. They wouldnt give me anymore details. Hopefully CPS will step in.

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I knew a girl in high school that used to prank call people and come up with the most insane stories. 

Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I really hope it was a story. I just felt like I had to call. This was a little girl. She didn't sound older than 5.

Quoting Anonymous:

I knew a girl in high school that used to prank call people and come up with the most insane stories. 

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Oh man!!

One time I was sitting with my mom in her living room and her phone rang and it was some guy screaming saying he was being buried alive and he needed help. He said he was in a casket being buried and to please help him...

It really freaked my mom out because just two weeks prior to that my brother had passed away...

popomill
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Interesting. That is a werid phone call. Still, I hope everything is ok. Let us know if you find out any thing more.

Brkn.halo.6712
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Wth? That's some sketchy stuff right there! I hope everything turns out ok.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM

You did the right thing by making a report :-)

Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I'll give a follow up, if the police give me one. Seriously, this put knots in my stomach. I forgot to say, that she also said she had 3 kids, and her boyfriend slapped her because she had left them alone.

Quoting popomill:

Interesting. That is a werid phone call. Still, I hope everything is ok. Let us know if you find out any thing more.

BowDown
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Hmm.. That's weird.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Scary.

But, wth is up with "It was a black girl"? Did you have to slip that in? And how do you even know?
Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Because I was trying to discribe the way she was talking. She sounded like she was a little black girl. I'm not sure if she was.

Quoting Anonymous:

Scary.

But, wth is up with "It was a black girl"? Did you have to slip that in? And how do you even know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)