Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What happened to kindness.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
My story. I was happily married with three children, the youngest being only 13 months old. My dh got a job transfer to Florida and we moved to a furnished hotel room, and then an apartment, and finally a home one block from the gulf! All this took took place in two short months, very hectic but all was well!! My two older kids started school, made friends and life was good!
My husband worked full time and I stayed home with our 13 month old daughter. It was kind of hard going from a rural town in the midwest, to the crazy busy concrete jungle of Florida, we were in the St. Pete area. One night I noticed my dh on his cell, he went out on the balcony and was talking to a co-worker and when he hung up he explained that there was a problem at work. No biggie, it has happened before. A couple days later he did it again, but this time he acted odd after hanging up, he is however deovoted to his work! Then one afternoon he came home wet from the waist down in jeans, he said he jumped in the gulf!! Weird, but whatever.
After being in sunny Florida for four months he went to a guys house at work who's garage caught on fire and he was helping him clean up the debris and didn't come home. You guessed it. The bastard was having an affair!! We had only lived there for four months, and he had met the married woman at work! My world was turned upside down and the rug was literally ripped out under my feet!!! I asked him to go to marrigae counseling and he agreed, of course he never went. I loaded up my three kids, packed all our stuff and headed back to the midwest, back to HOME. I stayed with a friend as he had wiped out our bank account not caring at all, my sister put the u-haul on her credit card along with all my gas. I moved in with friends and the job search started. It took quite a while to find a job to support all of us, and to support a place to live on our own. I applied for public assistance. My parents have paid taxes, my eight siblings have paid taxes too! At least on PA I could help with groceries and have a little cash. I had to pay for a lawyer to get divorced and file for support, which you need a lawyer for!! I did eventually open my OWN business with the help of public assistance and it was quite successful!! I lived through all of this and am a very strong person for it!! My two older kids are grown and gone and that same 13 month old dd is now fourteen and on the honor roll! Her dad stayed in Florida and sees them maybe every three years.....

So where in this story of my life is it wrong to accept public assistance? Can any of you honestly say that this has happened to you in as little as five short months when you were un-employed?

Can any of you tell me if my kids deserved to go hungry for a selfish father?
Can any of you tell me what I did wrong to have seek public assistance?

I try not to pass judgement on people and the situations they have had to endure. Do you????
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't care who gets it.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I have NO problem with people going on PA. My problem is the people that make it  a way of live. The ones that never try to get off it.

BestestMom11
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry that happened to you, and I appreciate that you used it when needed, but didn't abuse.

I'm glad that you're back on your feet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm still trying to understand that thing about him coming home wet from the waist down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BestestMom11:

I'm sorry that happened to you, and I appreciate that you used it when needed, but didn't abuse.

I'm glad that you're back on your feet.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

You did an awesome job, in a tough situation. Good for you:) nothing wrong in anything that you did. You did great.

starlight91
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes everyone needs help..

I think those who are the bitchest about it are those who do not qualify for it and are jealous of those who do get "free money" from the gov...   The problem is when some decide PA is a way of life...

Now I know Im gonna get some bitch anon telling me how shes not jealous that someone else gets "free money" from the gov, but it really seems the harder they protest they are not jealous, the more they prove they are...

Some of them even like to say its funny because they enjoy making fun of others , the only problem with it is they dont realize they truly are being a bully... Since they dont actually know the woman they are putting down, for all they know they are being horrible to an already suicidal woman... They push her over the edge, she kills herself..

The cops find the cafemom post,  the bully cafemom is arrested for harassment, the dh files a civil wrongful death suit against cafemom.com and the bully cafemom..

Cafemom.com is then shut down, as the dh won millions of dollars....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM
2 moms liked this

The problem I have with people on PA are the mothers who are like....."my husband makes min. wage but yet we keep having kids and I shouldnt have to go get a job because I have kids to take care of" .

The way I see it...you cant afford to feed your kids you KEEP having (on the govt's dime too)...get a damn job!

Unforeseen circumstances? That's what it's there for.

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I could not care less who has to have assistance to care for their families. The majority are just doing the best they can in life.
My3beautys
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM
This!!!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I have NO problem with people going on PA. My problem is the people that make it  a way of live. The ones that never try to get off it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)