Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can I ask a serious question about illegal immigrants

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 143 Replies

Why do so many people have a problem with them? If I am understanding correctly, illegal immigrants can't collect welfare, they don't pay taxes but they work for minimum wage, if that, under the table. So if they paid taxes, most would end up getting MORE back in their refund then they paid in anyway.

I get that the crime rate in the illegal immigrant community is probably higher then in the legal population but other then that, what is the problem?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM

BUMP!

MrsBridges19
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM
3 moms liked this

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM
8 moms liked this

Many are living in crappy conditions, working crappy jobs, and making the neighborhood area look like shit because they are making so minimal they cant afford anything.

Secondly because they many refuse to learn English.

Third, because there are certain groups of immigrants that take over and become annoying like cockroaches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM

They do work crappy jobs usually and therefore don't make much, therefore, any place that they could afford would already be crappy, wouldn't it? I do agree with the learning English part though.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Many are living in crappy conditions, working crappy jobs, and making the neighborhood area look like shit because they are making so minimal they cant afford anything.

Third, because there are certain groups of immigrants that take over and become annoying like cockroaches.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM
11 moms liked this

Most illegal aliens use stolen SSNs to get jobs.  They cause a world of grief for those they are stolen from.  This happened to a friend and the illegal alien only made 12k from working a few months during the prior year and it bumped my friend into a new tax bracket causing her to to owe the IRS $15,000.  It took YEARS to straighten out and in the meantime her wages were garnished to pay the taxes.

Also, there are many people who have filled out the paperwork for a visa to immigrate to the US.  They are denied entry because there are so many illegal aliens "cutting in front" of them.  Some I know have waited for 8-10 years and haven't been approved yet because of illegal immigrants who don't care about our laws.  Why should we prioritize a criminal before a law-abiding immigrant who is trying to do things the right way? 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Russians do crappy jobs? Like what? What about the Chinese? Or any other, say middle east folks or so forth?

Oh were you speaking of Mexicans from Mexico? Whatever they have no education or skills other than cook.

Quoting Anonymous:

They do work crappy jobs usually and therefore don't make much, therefore, any place that they could afford would already be crappy, wouldn't it? I do agree with the learning English part though.

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:17 PM

but apparently the cheaters deserve it more....

Quoting Val99:

Most illegal aliens use stolen SSNs to get jobs.  They cause a world of grief for those they are stolen from.  This happened to a friend and the illegal alien only made 12k from working a few months during the prior year and it bumped my friend into a new tax bracket causing her to to owe the IRS $15,000.  It took YEARS to straighten out and in the meantime her wages were garnished to pay the taxes.

Also, there are many people who have filled out the paperwork for a visa to immigrate to the US.  They are denied entry because there are so many illegal aliens "cutting in front" of them.  Some I know have waited for 8-10 years and haven't been approved yet because of illegal immigrants who don't care about our laws.  Why should we prioritize a criminal before a law-abiding immigrant who is trying to do things the right way? 

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

yikesitsmindy
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I have a friend at work who is working under an assumed name. I don't ask too much about it. It is strange for me. I know it is wrong, but I can understand why he would rather be here Han Mexico.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM
If an employer usually pays $7.75 for a position and interviews 4 applicants, and two of them asked to be paid under the table at $4-$5/hr, someone who is NOT an illegal immigrant just lost out. Make sense?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM

All of this.  Exactly.

I have friends who are engineers with work sponsors who are having all sorts of issues trying to stay in the country they went to school in for high paying jobs that will put a lot of money in the tax system.  They are being put off, having to go back to their home country and reapply, and getting all sorts of runaround because the illegals are cutting in front of them.  The system is punishing those who are using it for what it was intended for.

Quoting Val99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)