Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just got done talking to the cops & Dh is pissed! UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

Back story: Dh's cousin just moved back from out of state. He invited him over yesterday to talk since they haven't seen each other since they were in their early teens. He spent about an hour and a half here talking and reminiscing with my Dh.

We just got back about an hour and a half ago to our door wide open, window panes on the door smashed and our apartment destroyed. My dh came in before he let the kids, my brother and I to make sure no one was still in here. When we were actually allowed in we started going through our place. We found out my new laptop, my nook, our tvs, our dvd players, our son's gamecube, my brothers xbox, play station 3, nintendo ds, and a whole shit load of our electronics were stolen. We immediately called the cops and while we were talking to them our neighbor came over and let not only us but the officers know that her camera had recorded the break in and stealing of our things. We watched the tape with the officers and saw my dh's cousin and 2 friends of his broke in and stole our things. My husband is not only pissed but disappointed.  

I can't believe someone in my dh's own family would break in and steal our things. We have cleaned up most of the things but are going to finish tomorrow since our children are asleep finally and we would rather not wake them.

UPDATE: I'm sorry for not updating sooner ladies. My son woke up sick Thursday and by the end of the night I got what he had. I just started to feel better last night. The police called Friday morning and told us that they had gone to the local pawn store in town and Dh's cousin was dumb enough to pawn some of the items. The pawn store isn't very happy since they lost all the items he pawned. They are still looking for him and his 2 friends but I will keep you updated.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pswanson
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM
That sucks, really really bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessesbride
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

So how likely will you get all of your stuff back? & please tell me y'all are pressing charges!

keriley1
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Sorry. That sucks! My DF's cousin stole some of our stuff but not like that! He didn't break anything at least and only took a camera, mp3 player and cash.

Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry that happened to your family. Hopefully they find him and your belongings are returned.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I hope you have good insurance and took photos before you started cleaning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM

We had a relative do something...um ... similar.  I get a good feeling your hubby wants the cops to find his cousin first because he'll beat his a$$. :\

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM
My heart breaks for you, my ex roomie broke in a few years years back and stole every bit of jewelry in the house. Beat his face in, or let dh do it, family shouldn't betray you like that.
robyann
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM

oh wow that really sucks, sorry that happened

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I'm sorry, that's terrible.

danijean
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM
How shitty... I would never talk to him again. I actually haven talked to my brother in almost 5 months for stealing wire from us. DH is an electrician. And it wasn't about the wire it's about not being able to trust him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)