Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for a 2nd birthday party.....really?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my dad is dating someone with a dd older then me(the dd is 20),we have the same aged kids though (my ds is a couple months younger) anyway so my mom just told me that they are throwing my dads gf's grandson a birthday party.....and we're apperently going all out, my family is making the food, her family is renting a bouncy house and my dads gf's brother is even building the kid a pirate ship......its a second birthday! he's never going to remember it!

no im not jelous, i just find it stupid

since someone asked this, my dad has been dating this woman for 3 years,this grandchild has no relation to my dad and neither does the dd, the dd is his gf's child from a past marriage

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Replies (51-54):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Ok. Maybe they want him to have fun? Maybe they like throwing parties for kids and watching them have fun? A lot of grandparents, and people "grandparent" age, do. Maybe since you find it ridiculous and don't want their real grandchild having one, they are just doing it for someone who wants it. I really can't see any reason, other than jealousy, that you would care that much. Maybe a fleeting "hmm, that's odd" thought. But not actual irritation and a post on CM. But, then, I still think your feelings must be hurt. Mine would be...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, then I can't see why you would be annoyed. Again, I can totally understand hurt feelings. But, just annoyed because the kid is going to have a fun birthday party? That's very odd. I think your age is showing.

And, I think huge blowout parties for kids who won't remember them are kind of silly, too. But, I recognize its more about the adults watching them have fun. We remember that stuff! Either way, you probably need to just let it go and realize that you are either not admitting your hurt feelings or just have some growing up to do. And above all... Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff. ;-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Did they offer to throw a party for your child, too? I would certainly be jealous if they didn't. Not hard core mad or anything, but hurt. Not that they have to do anything of the sort, just that the other kid seems to be favored. It would hurt my feelings. Anyway, it sounds like your dad has been around since the child was born, so he's probably "grandpa". In our family, when it comes to grandkids there is no "step" distinction. But, I can still see why you might have your feelings hurt.

the kid didnt even meet my dad until his first birthday,but no i didnt want my ds to have a huge birthday this year anyway

i find it really stupid  that people will throw a party for a kid theyve never met before and just know the theme

megan91
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Let it go girl. You are getting yourself wound up for nothing. if there is no skin off your nose, then dont sweat it. take your ds and have some fun while you dont have to spend a dime. Your son may or may not remember but atleast You will see your ds having fun and hey...maybe you will have some fun too. let your hair down girl!
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:11 AM

that isnt true at all, my 5.5 yr old daughter has always rememered her 2nd birthday party.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Ok this is the weird part,.not the huge bday party!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

your mother is throwing a party for her ex husband's new wife's child?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

your mother is throwing your father's child (from another marriage) a party?

wtf?

my mother is throwing a party for a grand child whos not even related in any way shape or form to my dad, my dad is dating a woman who had this dd with her ex 20 years before she even met my dad

new girlfriends grandchild yes lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)